- Address: Quenqo, Cuzco, Peru, Cusco
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 130 PEN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Nature
The four distinct though related period rocks of Inca collectively called as q’enko is a highly visited tourist destinations in the city. One can find a lot of tourists as well as vendors in the area. Although the compound is tiny, it possesses large as well as distinct formations of rock. You can trail through the tunnel which is cut right through the rocks. Out of all the ruins which are found in the city, the ruins of Q’enko are basic and quite simple. However, it possesses many hidden elements. One of the highlighting features of Q’enko rocks is that these rocks create a shadow of the puma during winter solstice.
The surrounding regions of Q’enko as well as the altar within the caves are breath taking. A walk around Q’enko is peaceful. It is one of the most preferred sites around the city. though it is a very small place, it is still quite distinct. Man-made caves, unique stone cuttings, the arrangements of stones together enhance the magic of this place. A visit to Q’enko is surely very interesting and mesmerizing.
- The tunnels and the caves are the highlight of Quenko.
- This is a sacred site for funerals.
- Near the ruins, you can see the monolith which is 6 metres high.
- There are local guides who assist you with more information about the ruins.
- These ruins have an amphitheatre and a temple.
- Foreigners 130 soles, Foreign students and local adults 70 soles, Local student 40 soles.
- Hotel Mirador and Los Apus
- Novotel Ruinas
- Del Prado Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.32% of people who visit Cusco include Qenko in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.48% of people start their Qenko visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qenko
93.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qenko
Very interesting site! We went with a guide who told us lots of information. We enjoyed it and thought it was great! I recommend a visit if you can get there!
A fun little inkan ruin with integrated natural rock cave with easy access just above the city of Cusco and worth a stop.
On tour. Fantastic history. Beautiful musems and ruins
In ancient times this place was a sacred temple to worship moon goddess.
Nice ruins. Included in the Cusco tourist ticket