Qorikancha1459 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Santo Domingo s/n, Cusco, Peru
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +51-84249176
- Ticket Price: 10 PEN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
People who are interested in ancient culture have always been fascinated by the beautiful temple of sun. The temple of sun or coricanchas is a dedication to the god of Sun. The marvelous architecture of temple of sun speaks of its unique and rich heritage. A tour will enlighten you with the remarkable methods used for construction. Inka stone work found in the temple of sun is magnificent and is appealing to your eyes.
Temple of sun is buzzing with students who come there to study about the engineering skills. The extravagant architecture of the temple of sun will blow your minds. The temple of sun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city. You will find a model depicting the era of Inca. With the help of this model you can learn about the culture of Inca. The subtleness of the temple of sun is very difficult to be noticed at first. However, once noticed, tourists find it difficult to take it out of their minds.
Qorikancha Travel Tips
- You can hire a guide to get better information about the history of temple of sun.
- Take a walk around the beautiful gardens surrounding the temple of sun.
- Look out for the beautiful stonework which has not been destroyed during the earthquakes of 1950.
How to Reach Qorikancha
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not always available online.
- Casa Qorikanch
- Fredy’s Grill Resto& Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.1% of people who visit Cusco include Qorikancha in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
31.53% of people start their Qorikancha visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qorikancha
53.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach Qorikancha