Sacsayhuaman1706 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cusco, Peru
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 70 PEN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
From Sacsayhuaman, you can get a beautiful view of the city. If you desire to experience the architectural skills of Inca civilization, then Sacsayhuaman is the best place for you to visit. This is an amazing place to view the ancient engineering skills.
Sacsayhuaman showcases an extensive and splendid carving work done with enormous tones which stands over 8 meters in height. You will also find distinctive designs carved into this stone work. Sacsayhuaman walls depict the head of the puma.
Sacsayhuaman is indeed one of the best places to learn about the culture of Incan. In fact, the structures at Sacsayhuaman have always been a place of interest and inspiration for architecture students. The bigger rocks found in Sacsayhuaman are certainly striking to look at for the visitors. The mystical beauty of the city can be experienced at Sacsayhuaman.
People who enjoy hiking would certainly love the moderately difficult trail that leads to Sacsayhuaman. You can also find llamas around Sacsayhuaman. This place will definitely leave its visitors in awe. It is an enormous place which is a symbol of Inca work and their technical skills. The huge stone constructions done here are mind boggling!
Enjoy the beautiful views of the city of Custo as you stand on the ruins of Sacsayhuaman. Understand the ancient engineering skills as you book tickets for Sacsayhuaman tours with us. Sacsayhuaman tickets are also available on the counter; however, you can skip the lines and have a hassle-free entry through tour booking. Tickets for Sacsayhuaman is your entry to know the ancient world of Peru better. Sacsayhuaman ticket prices won’t cost you much but they will render a lot in terms of knowledge of history.
Sacsayhuaman Travel Tips
- There are no bathrooms or facilities for drinking water inside. So always carry water with you.
- Be sure that you negotiate well with the taxi driver.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket for a day, it would cost you 70 soles. It would include 4 Incan sites.
- If you wish to purchase a ticket for 10 days, it would cost you 140 soles. It would include admission to Qorikancha, Saqsayhuman, Q'engo, Puka Pukara,Tambomachay and other archaeological sites and museums.
- The ruins are packed during the Inti Raymi Festival.
- The hills are a steep climb and so it can be quite hectic for you.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sacsayhuaman
- 70 soles (for Incan sites for 1 day) 140 soles (for more sites for 10 days).
How to Reach Sacsayhuaman
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not available online.
- Machu Picchu
- Restaurant Peyo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
75.42% of people who visit Cusco include Sacsayhuaman in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
48.17% of people start their Sacsayhuaman visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sacsayhuaman
93.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sacsayhuaman
Sacsayhuaman Reviews & Ratings
I arrive in Cusco at l2:00 and must be at the airport at 4:00. Do I have time to see Sacsayhuaman. How many miles is it from airportAnswer Report Abuse
I think you have enough time on your hands to visit Sacsayhuaman as the distance between the airport and this historic site is hardly 4 and a half miles according to online maps and almost all the Sacsayhuaman Sacsayhuaman take around 3 hours to complete, including transportation time. But, I would suggest confirming it before planning your itinerary. And do not forget to carry a water bottle as the climb here steep and takes at least half an hour to complete.Report Abuse