The San Francisco Church And Monastery1069 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jirón Lampa, Distrito de Lima, Peru, Cusco Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:45 pm Details
- Phone: +51-14267377
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Church, Religious Site, Library, Family And Kids, Monastery
The San Francisco Church and Monastery have gained popularity among the tourists because of the catacombs which contain the remains of several unknown locals from ancient periods. It was the first cemetery built in the city. The bones are lined up on each side of the hallways found beneath the San Francisco church.
You will find an enormous cave in the ground of the church of San Francisco, which is filled with the bones. The bones as well as the skulls are arranged beautifully in a geometric patterns in this place. This Geometric pattern is one of the art pieces done in the church of San Francisco. However, the catacombs are not for the faint hearted and may give you chills.
Apart from the catacombs which are the main highlight of the San Francisco church and monastery, the church also exhibits some of the most beautiful art pieces such as mosaics, colonial paintings etc. The visitors will be mesmerized by the marvelous library which includes a large variety of books in the church of San Francisco. The collection of books at the church is extremely valuable. The beautiful architecture of the church will surprise its visitors. The catacombs and the architecture make the San Francisco church and monastery worth seeing. This is one of the major Lima points of interest.
The San Francisco Church And Monastery Travel Tips
- Visit the monastery to see a superb collection of ancestral religious texts.
- Catacombs tours are not for claustrophobic or squeamish people.
- One can take a taxi from San Isidro. It is 45 minutes from there.
- It is not ideal for a visit with children.
- Taking photographs is strictly prohibited.
- Guided tours last for 1 hour and are quite interesting.
How to Reach The San Francisco Church And Monastery
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not available online.
- You should ideally take a packed lunch as there aren’t any restaurants nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The San Francisco Church And Monastery Address: Jirón Lampa, Distrito de Lima, Peru, Cusco
- The San Francisco Church And Monastery Contact Number: +51-14267377
- The San Francisco Church And Monastery Timing: 07:30 am - 08:45 pm
- Best time to visit The San Francisco Church And Monastery(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit The San Francisco Church And Monastery: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
48.68% of people who visit Cusco include The San Francisco Church And Monastery in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.54% of people start their The San Francisco Church And Monastery visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The San Francisco Church And Monastery
70.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The San Francisco Church And Monastery
People normally club together Cathedral Of Lima and Parque De Las Leyendas while planning their visit to The San Francisco Church And Monastery.