Da Nang Tourism
Vietnam’s fifth largest city and one of its major ports, Danang is conveniently located in central Vietnam, about halfway between Hanoi and Saigon. With a population of a little over a million people and a highly urbanized municipality, it combines the very best of a city’s comforts with natural delights.
The area was settled nearly two thousand years ago by the ancient civilization of Champa. The medieval military campaigns of the Da Viet people shrunk much of Champa territory, turning them into vast rice fields.
European contact led to the forbidding of land making by ships at anywhere other than Danang, turning the city into a major port. Eventually conquered and colonized by the French, the city went on to join the Republic of Vietnam in 1955. Later, it was also the landing site for the American military during the Vietnam War.
The city itself is worth exploring, but most visitors use it a base to strike out for surrounding attractions such as Hoi An or My Son.
Essential travel information and Da Nang tips for your visit
Time Zone: Indochina Time Zone UTC+07:00
Currency: Vietnamese Dong
Electricity and Internet:
- Voltage: 110/220 V
- Type A, Type C, Type G plugs
Frequency: 50 Hz
Languages: Vietnamese, English
- Police: 113
- Fire: 114
- Ambulance – First Aid: 115
- Bai Da Den
- Phap Lam Pagoda
Tipping: You are not required to tip anywhere at all.
- Marble Mountains
- Lady Buddha
- Dragon Bridge
- Ba Na Hills
- Site Archeologique de My Son
- Dress modestly
- It’s okay to shake hands when greeting.
- Bring lots of business cards.
- Keep your feet clean and pointed from people and sacred objects.
- Don’t pat anyone on the head.
- Do not beckon anyone senior to you. Go to them.
- No public displays of affection.
- Hold rice bowl in hand when eating.
- Don’t refuse tea when offered.
- Give useful, everyday items as gifts.
Da Nang Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Da Nang. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Da Nang trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Da Nang