This hill station west of Da Nang is the local favourite weekend retreat. It was founded in 1919 by the French. Since accommodation is not upscale, or even well organised, the best way to visit is on a day trip. And though you can drive up the mountain, it's MUCH better to take the funicular which rises 400 metres. You can board the cable car at the address given in the tips and warnings. You'll be clicking pics of the landscape every second.
The attraction is nothing like Vietnam itself. At the top, you'll find a replica French Provincial Town, a funicular railway that rises further up the mountain, a luge track that'll take you downhill again. Close to the 27 metre tall Shakyamuni statue is the Debay wine cellar. The 7-hectare Le Jardind'Amour is a lovely flower garden; check out the terraced spring area. Then there's Fantasy Park, based on the novels of Jules Verne. There's the Alpine Coaster, the only double spiral roller coaster track in the country.
Landmarks to check out:
LinhUng Pagoda, Linh Chua LinhTu Temple, LinhPhongTu Tower, the Campanile, the Tombstone Temple, the Ba Shrine, and the TruVuTraQuan.
Ba Na Hills Travel Tips
- The address given is for the cable car station atop the mountain.
- Enter the following address in Google Maps to see the Cable Car Boarding Station location: "TrÃ¡ÂºÂ¡mcaptreoBaNa, HoaNinh, HoaVang, DaNang, Vietnam"
- Parking available near the cable car station.
- It's much cooler in the hills than in the city, so take a light jacket along.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ba Na Hills
- Funicular Ride: VND 70000 for Adults; VND 50000 for Kids
- Individual attractions may have their own fees.
Ba Na Hills Hours
- Alpine Coaster: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Individual attractions have their own opening and closing timings.
How to Reach Ba Na Hills
- Drive to the cable car station and take the funicular up.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Da Nang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Da Nang and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.56% of people who visit Da Nang include Ba Na Hills in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.67% of people start their Ba Na Hills visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ba Na Hills
90.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ba Na Hills