Site Archeologique De My SonCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: My Son Duy Phu Duy Xuyen Quang Nam Vietnam, Da Nang
- Timings: 06:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 15000 VND
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Unesco Site
Site Archeologique De My Son - Review
Make a day trip out of Danang to see the ruins of ancient Hindu temples inside a valley surrounded by green mountains. The UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most important historical heritages of not just Vietnam, but the country too. It was built by the Champa people, who ruled the land here for a millennium and a half. Unfortunately, a massive fire sometime in the past, and later bombing runs during the Vietnam war destroyed much the complex. At one time there used to be about 70 structures here, decorated with incredible sculptures of gods, priests, sacred animals and battles out of mythology. Now only 18 remain. You can still see the craters from American bombings. Close to the start of the path, you'll find a map that outlines the complex. From the ticket entrance, a tram will take you 2 kilometres to the temple complex. There is a small Champa museum close to entrance.
Site Archeologique De My Son Information
- Best to visit in the afternoon, when the morning crowd has departed.
- The the ancient pottery village of Thanh Ha is on the way if you a quick detour.
- Bring your own water and food.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Cars are not allowed inside.
- Check out the souvenir shop.
- Don't wander off the tracks.
How To reach Site Archeologique De My Son by Public Transport
- Drive to here.
- Take a taxi.
- You can also come by one of the various tour buses.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Da Nang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Da Nang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Site Archeologique De My Son
12.95% of people who visit Da Nang include Site Archeologique De My Son in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
73.53% of people start their Site Archeologique De My Son visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Site Archeologique De My Son
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Site Archeologique De My Son