Dainkund PeakCurrently Open
- Address: Dalhousie, District- Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, View Point, Adventure, Valley
Dainkund Peak - Review
The Dainkund Mountain is located in Dalhousie in the district of Chamba. The Dainkund peak is at a height of almost 2755 meters above sea level. It is just so beautiful. The name Dainkund is said to have been derived from ‘Dain – Kund’, which means ‘house of the witches’. The name so comes from the stories which say that this mountain was the residence of witches many years ago.
This is the most important peak in Dalhousie and is also a very popular tourist attraction. Not only is this place important for its charm and picture-perfect view, but also for the serenity it provides to its visitors. You can take a 360 degree view of the whole valley from the peak of the Dainkund Mountain.
This is also called the ‘singing mountain’, because of the fact that people say about a beautiful sound which is made by the breeze here. It is an unique experience altogether.
The peak of the mountain is a workplace of the Indian Air Force. As soon as you take a right from the first step on the peak and you turn right, you get to see the main fraction of the peak. Here, you will find the Pholani Devi Temple. The speciality of this temple which makes it unique is that there is nothing except a trident inside but is still considered as extremely sacred by the local people. The most stunning feature of this peak is the clear view of the sparkling waters of the rivers Ravi, Chenab and Beas which flow at the base.
The mountain apart from its scenic natural beauty is also important to the locals as an integral part of the diversity of their food and culture, given the gaining popularity of the tourism here. It is now for this reason even referred to as Dainkund Dalhousie.
Dainkund Peak Information
- The peak is a steep climb of 250 odd steps. The main access is with the help of trekking so it is not an ideal way for old people or people who are not comfortable for such activities.
- Check the timings of the transportation to Daikund Mountain as they change often.
- The temperature is very low here so it is better to wear enough warm garments to avoid a cold attack from the strong winds.
- The best time to visit is during the months of March – May and from June – November.
- There are many local hotels and guest houses around that provide very good accommodation facilities.
- Not suitable for disabled people.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Carry water along.
How To reach Dainkund Peak by Public Transport
- Buses are available from the main city to the valley.
- The nearest rail station is at Pathankot.
- The nearest airport is at Chandigarh and Shimla.
Restaurants Near Dainkund Peak
- Kwality Restaurant
- Nappolli Restaurant
- Old Sher– e– Punjab Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dalhousie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dalhousie and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dainkund Peak
95% of people who visit Dalhousie include Dainkund Peak in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
53.33% of people start their Dainkund Peak visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dainkund Peak
93.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dainkund Peak
Dainkund Peak Map
Dainkund Peak Trips
1 View11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Kullu, Kasauli, Dharmsala, Dalhousie from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Kullu, Kasauli
Dainkund Peak, Dalhousie Reviews
Nice place. 1500 meter track to reach at Temple from parking. You can see beautiful snow clad mountains all around. Early in the season there is snow on tracking route. At places you have to be careful as there is narrow path to walk. Track is not tough. Can be done easily.
If you want to enjoy the cold pleasures, then it is a great place to hang around. Here you can enjoy the natural beauty by visiting the peak point. There is also a temple on the top.
Very nice place... not much of tourist rush as of now so relatively clean... the view from the top is good
nice place to hangout with people who love nature.... fresh and cold air you will feel here.. amazing view.. you can also wait here to see sunset .. its an amazing time to spend time here... i m sure i will be visiting again in few months.
Highest point in nearby places. Yow will find here white flowers. Romantic place in the lap of nature
All QuestionsDainkund peak
- Reardon Snooker Centre
- Greenbank Garden
- Mariella Ceramics At Fireworks Studio
- Centre For Developmental Arts
- SoFi Millinery
- City Kids Adventure Play
- Countryside Rangers
- Kings Park Church
- The Apollo Players
- St Gabriel R C Church
- Hillington West Railway Station
- Alexandra Golf Course
- Kendall Koppe
- Thistle Gallery
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens