Events and Festivals in Dalhousie
- Lohri: Lohri is a harvest festival celebrated in the month of January after the Kharip crops are harvested.
- Halda: It is the beginning of New Year in the lahaul valley in Himachal Pradesh.
- Mahashivaratri: Mahashivaratri is a popular fasting day where everyone from kids to elders fast the whole day and offer their prayers to Lord Shiva.
- Basant Panchami: BasantPanchami is the time of flying kites and welcoming the beautiful spring.
- Holi: It is the most colourful festival in India. Everyone stops working for a while and participates in this joyous festival.
- Baisakhi: Baisakhi is an occasion where everyone bids farewell to winter and gets ready for summer. It is celebrated with a lot of pomp and fervour.
- Haryali festival: Haryali is the time when this region welcomes the rains. Buffalo fights are the main attraction of this season.
- Minjar Fair: A fair of 7 days, Chamba valley buzzes with tribal population during it. A huge procession starts from one direction to other.
- Mani Mahesh Festival: It is a winter carnival that has been declared as a state level fair by the Himachal government.
- Dussehra Festival: Effigies of Ravan, the demon king are burnt in every area and sweets are distributed on this day.
- Diwali: Dalhousie celebrates Diwali during a chilly time. Lot of crackers, huge family parties and a few tourist gatherings make the town look extremely beautiful during Diwali.
- Christmas: Christmas is celebrated in the area with a lot of food and prayers are offered to the lord.
- New Year’s Eve: Dalhousie is a favourite spot of people from city areas to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Dalhousie