Ganji PahariCurrently Open
- Address: Ganji Pahari, Dalhousie, District- Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Walking Area, Picnic Spot
GanjiPahari is a small hill located just a little far from the city of Dalhousie. It is a lovely walk just a few kilometers from the Bakrota hills. The name ‘GanjiPahari’ literally means ‘bald hill’. It is so called because the hill is completely devoid of all vegetation. There is not a single tree here. There are only thorny shrubs all over. A 1 hour walk from the Pathankot Road, this hill has a unique feature also which is its geographical structure which looks like there is a bald head on the top.
There is also a beautiful Kali Temple on the peak of the GanjiPahari, though there are hardly any people found there on a regular basis for any daily rituals. It is more of a tourist spot who go there and tie pieces of red cloth in the hope of getting their wishes fulfilled by the deity placed there.
The GanjiPahari is a very famous picnic spot in Dalhousie in spite of its bare vegetation and negligible population. The fact that makes this hill a tourist hotspot is the fantastic panoramic view of the surrounding mountains with their snow-capped peaks. It looks like a silver sheet over the dark terrains.
So, if you are an adventure seeker and do not mind a little physical activity, this place is just perfect for you to enjoy. Not only that, this place is anytime ideal for a sweet family outing or an excursion with friends where you can spend some time in the fresh cool breeze of the mountains and admire the immense beauty of Mother Nature.
- The only way to reach the peak is by trekking. So, make sure you have no difficulty with climbing activities.
- The trek is an easy to moderate one, but it is always better that you take a local guide with you.
- Do not take the rough and unconventional way to the peak if you are not sure about some extra adventure, as this might prove to be a little difficult for you.
- If you plan to do a picnic on the GanjiPahari, no doubt it is a perfect destination, but make sure you carry your own food. There is hardly any shop found around. Also carry sufficient water with you.
- The place can be visited at any time of the year. Summers have a pleasant weather but winters have an extraordinary feel with the snow covered walk.
- There are buses from all major cities to Dalhousie.
- The nearest railway station is at Pathankot.
- The nearest airport is at Shimla and Chandigarh.
- There are taxis in Dalhousie to take you to Pathankot Road from where you have to walk till the base of the Ganji Pahari.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dalhousie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dalhousie and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dalhousie include Ganji Pahari in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
27.37% of people start their Ganji Pahari visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ganji Pahari
93.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ganji Pahari