Garam SadakCurrently Open
- Address: GaramSadak, Dalhousie, District- Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Market
This is the most famous pathway in Dalhousie. GaramSadak is one of the two roads criss-crossing to the Gandhi Chowk and SubhashChowk or SubhashBowli. This is a beautiful pathway with greenery on both sides. The passage is completely lined with tall tress but allows enough daylight to pass through.
The name 'GaramSadak' literally means ‘warm path’. The name is so because of the warm and snug temperature here, unlike the other parts of Dalhousie or the whole Himachal Valley. The reason behind this contrasting climate especially in the GaramSadak is that it receives the direct sun-rays which is enough not only for the daytime, but the whole day.
If you love walking then there can be no better place. The better part is that here while you are taking a relaxing stroll through the pathway, you can take the taste of the serene surroundings slowly. There is also a small local market which can serve you with all that you can shop for your bag of souvenirs. You will find pretty bags and shawls and the traditional Himachal caps which you are sure to find nowhere else. Another very popular attraction here is the golden statue of the nation’s Father, Mahatma Gandhi.
The signboards near the path has an interesting caption written which is sure to grab you attention. It says “walking is the trend in the knolls”. All in all, this place is just incomparable if you want to spend some time walking and admiring the beauty around you and giving your mind and body a dose of warmth in this unique temperature amidst all the snow-capped peaks.
Garam Sadak Travel Tips
- The pathway is only meant for walking. Make sure you do not come with any vehicle as there is no parking space here.
- The place is brightly lit with the rays of the sun during daytime but there is hardly any lighting facility after evening. So, if you want to enjoy a night walk, make sure you carry a flashlight or strongly lit torches.
- The shops or the little market place does not provide anything substantial except tits and bits of local handicrafts.
- The best time to visit is during November to March.
How to Reach Garam Sadak
- Nearest railway station is at Pathankot or Chakki Bank.
- Nearest airport is at Chandigarh and Shimla.
- Buses are available from all main cities.
- Kwality Restaurant
- Nappoli Restaurant
- Old Sher – E – Punjab Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dalhousie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dalhousie and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.35% of people who visit Dalhousie include Garam Sadak in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
68% of people start their Garam Sadak visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Garam Sadak
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Garam Sadak