The Dalian forest zoo, built in 1997, is an extensive animal kingdom located in the Xigang District. Covering an area of 7.2 square km, the zoo is famous for maintaining a balance between its themes of naturalness and wildness and the human and cultural factors. It is home to more than 3000 animals of 200 different species from all over the world. The zoo has six functional sections in the park: the garden-like herbivorous animal section, the tower-like lions and tigers section, the crane-like section for baboons and chimpanzees, the mountain-like bears section, the special Asian elephants section and the natural protection section for the giant pandas, smart squirrel monkeys, and fire-like flamingos to reside. Established around the main theme of ‘Green and Life’, the zoo promotes the communication and friendship between animals and humans.
Highlights and must sees include:
- An extensive animal kingdom covering an area of 7.2 square km.
- More than 3000 animals of 200 different species.
- 6 sections in the park: the herbivorous animal section, the lions and tigers section, the section for baboons and chimpanzees, the bears section, the special Asian elephants section and the natural protection section for the giant pandas and squirrel monkeys.
- Sightseeing across the zoo through a kilometre long Cable car.
- Orangutan room, baboon hill and monkey hill.
- The famous animal movie star ‘MaoMao’.
- The zoo compound is very large so it is advised to start early.
- Buses to the Dalian forest zoo station: Bus no 525, 526
- Buses to NanShiDao street: Bus no 407, 17, 4, 702, 404 and 706
- Bifenggang Hotel
- Hotel of Flavor
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dalian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dalian and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.69% of people who visit Dalian include Dalian Forest Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
57.5% of people start their Dalian Forest Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Dalian Forest Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dalian Forest Zoo
It's very large..... we need a whole day to see the entire zoo....Lot of animals... Chordates, amphibians, reptiles..everything well cared nd well managed !!! Have food courts, shops nd children's park in-between!! They have elephant shows also. But the ticket was expensive !! But still worthy !!
Excellent zoo, one of the best zoos in Asia!
Great place easy to visit almost everything has an English translation
Amazing place to visit with kids
A lovely zoo. The animals seem quite happy and were very playful while I was there.