Xinhai square is a city square at the southern beach area of the Dalian in Liaoning province of China. Spread over an area of 1.1 million square meters, it is the largest city square in the world. The central part of Xinghai square covers 45,000 square metres; it has a large white marble pillar, with a diameter of 1.997 meter, which depicts Hong Kong’s return to China. There are nine dragons on the pedestal and column trunk of the marble pillar, depicting that the all the people from the ancient 9 states of China are descendants of dragon. A giant musical fountain encircles Xinghai Square;the designing of the square centre emulates the Heaven temple’s circular mound altar in Beijing, with giant yellow stars on the periphery.
The sculptures of 1000 footprints and an opened book facing the sea narrates the tale of Dalian city’s history. Around the square are high-end apartments, luxury sports car dealers, restaurants and an amusement park. During late-July and early August, the Xinghai square hosts the annual international beer festival for 10 days.
Highlights and must sees include:
- Spread over 1.1 million square meters, it is the largest city square in the world.
- Designing of the square centre emulates the Heaven temple’s circular mound altar in Beijing.
- 1000 footprints and an opened book facing the sea.
- Large white marble pillar, with a diameter of 1.997 meter, which depicts Hong Kong’s return to China.
- A giant musical fountain.
- High-end apartments, luxury sports car dealers, restaurants and an amusement park.
- 10 day annual international beer festival.
- Look for the special themed activities organised at the site.
- Buses to the stop - Xinghai exhibition center.
- Bus no 23, 16, 406, 711 and 801
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- HaiZhiZiangRiBenLiaoLi Xing Hai Dian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dalian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dalian and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.13% of people who visit Dalian include Xinghai Square in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
55.1% of people start their Xinghai Square visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Xinghai Square
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Xinghai Square