Dealey Plaza, Grassy Knoll, National Historic Landmark DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: 500 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas), United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 1-2145711000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
One of the many mysteries that go unsolved is the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll. Right opposite the Dealey Plaza, the place from where Lee Harvey Oswald fired a round of shots on JFK’s motorcade is a small hillock which has been immortalized in history as the Grassy Knoll. According to the police, during their investigation, they came across a few cigarette butts and a set of footprints giving rise to the speculation that there was in fact another shooter and thus the assassination of President Kennedy was a conspiracy. But since the second shooter was never caught, there’s no way of knowing.
- Entry is Free.
- There’s not much to see here apart from the Historical Landmark plaque, so don’t spend too much time here and weave into your schedule as a pit-stop, not more than half hour.
- DART Light Rail: West End
- Morton's - The Steakhouse (steakhouse)
- Landry's Seafood House (seafood and American cuisine served)
- Dante's Italian Eatery (Italian cuisine)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dallas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dallas and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.35% of people who visit Dallas include Dealey Plaza, Grassy Knoll, National Historic Landmark District in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.06% of people start their Dealey Plaza, Grassy Knoll, National Historic Landmark District visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Dealey Plaza, Grassy Knoll, National Historic Landmark District
73.28% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dealey Plaza, Grassy Knoll, National Historic Landmark District