Events and Festivals in Dallas
- Deep Ellum Arts Festival (April): What started off as a block party has become one of the prime visual and performing arts festival of the region. Street performances, bands and songwriters and visual artists all showing off their talent is one fest you don’t want to miss out on.
- Shakespeare Festival of Dallas (July): The second oldest Shakespeare company of the country, the Shakespeare Festival of Dallas is one of the most popular events of the summer. Every year, plays penned down by the celebrated author are enacted for the viewers, with quite an impressive star cast. The festival is an outdoor event so bring blankets to sit on.
- State Fair of Texas (Sept-Oct): Since 1886, the State Fair of Texas has taken place every year and every year people wait for it with a lot of excitement and anticipation. In fact, this event is synonymous with Dallas and has the largest Ferris wheel of the country. The fun, fanfare, festivity and food is all here; all you need is to bring yourself.
- Dallas is known for it’s around average crime rates, so don’t wander around at night and don’t venture into unknown areas. As long you stick to the touristy neighborhoods, you should be fine.
- Beware of pick pocketers and homeless people, especially on the DART lines as the stations are all mechanized and often unsupervised.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Dallas
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Dallas
Save 7%2-Hour Historic Dallas Segway Tour63 Reviews
Duration: 2 HrsBook Now
Save 5%Uptown and West Village Foodie Walk6 Reviews
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now
Dallas' Reunion Tower GeO-Deck Observation Ticket13 Reviews
Duration: 1 HrBook Now
Save 4%JFK Assassination and Museum Tour (Includes Lee Harvey Oswald Rooming House)38 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
comedy clubsAnswer Report Abuse
Some of the top comedy clubs in Dallas include Addison Improv Comedy Club, Dallas Comedy House, and Hyena's Comedy Nightclub.Report Abuse
Are there any festivals, concerts, plays on Sat. June 1st, 2019 in the Dallas area?Answer Report Abuse
Slushii, Ekali - Dallas, Dallas Pride 2019: Miller Lite Music Festival, and Poets N' Jazz #5 - Featuring Ronamber Deloney And Zemill are scheduled for June 1st, 2019. You can check out popular event websites for updated schedules, venues, and timings.Report Abuse