Are you looking for what to do in Daman?
THINGS TO SEE
- Church of Bom Jesus: Dedicated to Bom Jesus, this parish church started in 1559. It displays the architecture of traditional Roman churches and is a tribute to Portugese craftsmanship. The gilt wooden altar reredos and pulpit and the statues of the six saints on the ceiling, are the main attractions at this church.
- Fort Of Moti Daman: Spread over a vast stretch of 30,000 square metres, is the mighty Fort of Moti Daman that dates back to 1559. The fort has ten bastions, two gateways and a moat.
- Chapel of Our Lady of Rosary: Sharing the wall with the Fort of Moti Daman is this beautiful chapel which has wooden panels depicting the stories of saints and the ceiling is adorned with golden sculptures of angels.
- Light House: Located within the area covered by Moti Daman Fort, the Light House provides a stunning view below.
- Church of Our Lady of Remedies: This church has been in Daman since 1607. The altar is carved with engravings that date back to 17th century.
- Fort of St. Jerome: Also known as Nani Daman Fort, this fort dates back to 1672. The structure covers a vast area of 12250 square metres, and has three bastions and two gateways. The main attraction of this fortification is the giant statue of St. Jerome and two human figures, at one of the huge gateways.
- Church of Our Lady of Angustias: This beautiful church showcases Portugese craftmanship on wood.
- Damanganga Tourist Complex: The gorgeous landscape of lush gardens, enticing waterfalls and beautiful fountains, makes this place a perfect place to spend at leisure.
- Pergola Garden: Designed after the Pantheon in Athens, this garden is a memorial for all those Portugese soldiers who perished during the uprising for liberation of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
THINGS TO DO
- Jampore Beach: Located at a distance of 3 kilometres from Moti Daman, this golden beach is perfect for those looking for solidarity amidst nature. The waters are devoid of dangerous undercurrents, thus making it a hot spot for swimming.
- Devka Beach: This beach, located north of Nani Daman is just right for taking a stroll along the waters. While the rocky sea-bed makes it hard for swimming, there are a lot fun activities to do on the beach.
- Mirasol Resort and Waterpark: Located in Kadaiya Lake Garden, is the main amusement park of Daman. The rides will spike up your adrenaline levels with rides and go-karting, while those looking for more peaceful options, take a ride on the mini train or take a boat ride in the lake.
Below we have a list of things to do in Daman and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Daman getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Daman with confidence.