- Address: Chowrasta, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734222, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Restaurant, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Chowrasta - Review
The most important tourist attraction in Darjeeling, the Chowrasta is the main market place in Darjeeling. The tourists who come to Darjeeling must have a visit to the heart of the city which offers various surprises for its visitors. It offers many cheap hotels for the visitors and also many restaurants which provide quality cuisines to its customers. It is a nice place to hang around. People spend time here gossiping and eating all the time while the children have the space to play and roam around. It also has cafeterias and pony stables.
Chowrasta in Darjeeling is a pretty large tract. Chowrasta in Nepali means the point where four roads meet. The place is also popularly known as “Mall”. Situated on the upper ridge of the town Chowrasta truly reflects the charm of this hill station. While we can find some people relaxing on the benches others are found having a walk around the mall. Located on top of Nehru Road, this is a nice flat land where tourists and locals come to bathe in the sun. During the festival time, the mall is decorated with lights and other items all around.
- The passage to the Mall of the Nehru Road is significant. Directly after the passage there is a modest wellspring that has simulated models of resplendent colored fishes and pelicans with a flat press wall around it.
- The shops at the mall area generally shut down by 8:00 pm.
Restaurants Near Chowrasta
- Fortune Resort
- Foodsteps Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Darjeeling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Darjeeling and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chowrasta
54.16% of people who visit Darjeeling include Chowrasta in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.33% of people start their Chowrasta visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Chowrasta
92.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chowrasta