Events and Festivals in Darjeeling
- People of Darjeeling, throughout the year, celebrate various events and festivals. Below is the month wise list of events and festivals one can witness in Darjeeling.
- January: Bumchu is celebrated in the monastery in Darjeeling. It is considered as one of the holiest festivals in Sikkim. The whole atmosphere during this period is vibrant.
- February: The Tibetan and Sherpa community celebrate their new year in February. People organise cultural programmes including folk songs and dances.
- October: Dashain festival is one of the important festivals in Darjeeling. Alternative name for Durga Puja, this is a ten-day festival and is celebrated for the triumph of good over evil.
- November: Animals like cows, dogs and bullocks are honoured in Darjeeling during the Tihar festival, which is a five-day festival.
- December: The hill station hosts the Darjeeling Festival to celebrate the flourishing tea industry. Tasting sessions and exhibitions are organised in this festival.V
Trip plans for Darjeeling
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Darjeeling
Darjeeling Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Darjeeling
Save 8%An Excursion into the World of the famous Darjeeling TeaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Darjeeling Tea has gained worldwide recognition. There are a number of Tea Plantations in the Darjeeling Region. Sourenee Tea...
Save 7%Darjeeling Half-Day Private Sightseeing TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Join thisprivatehalf-day sightseeing tour to visitDarjeeling's seven main attractions, such as the Himalayan Mountaineering i...
Save 7%A Raft Journey: Thunder Down the Himalayan Foothills on Teesta River's White Water with Private TransferNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs
White Water Rafting in the crystal clear blue water of river Teesta offers you a thrilling adventure while you traverse the m...
Save 4%Magical Darjeeling IndiaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Days
Light at the foothills of the Himalayas, Darjeeling attracts all those who wish to experience life as it once was before the ...
- Events & Festivals in Ghoom
- Events & Festivals in Namchi
- Events & Festivals in Mirik
- Events & Festivals in Kalimpong
- Events & Festivals in Rinchenpong
- Events & Festivals in Sukna Forest