Events and Festivals in Darjeeling
- People of Darjeeling, throughout the year, celebrate various events and festivals. Below is the month wise list of events and festivals one can witness in Darjeeling.
- January: Bumchu is celebrated in the monastery in Darjeeling. It is considered as one of the holiest festivals in Sikkim. The whole atmosphere during this period is vibrant.
- February: The Tibetan and Sherpa community celebrate their new year in February. People organise cultural programmes including folk songs and dances.
- October: Dashain festival is one of the important festivals in Darjeeling. Alternative name for Durga Puja, this is a ten-day festival and is celebrated for the triumph of good over evil.
- November: Animals like cows, dogs and bullocks are honoured in Darjeeling during the Tihar festival, which is a five-day festival.
- December: The hill station hosts the Darjeeling Festival to celebrate the flourishing tea industry. Tasting sessions and exhibitions are organised in this festival.V
Trip plans for Darjeeling