How to Reach Darjeeling - The Easiest Way to Reach Darjeeling
- By Air: Getting in by plane is by far the most convenient. The closest airport is 90km away at Bagdogra and Air India is the most popular airline to use for this purpose. From the airport, you can opt for hired taxis or trains and even buses to enjoy the scenic routes.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to Darjeelin is New Jalpaiguri and it is well connected to major parts of the country like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- By bus: You can also opt for buses which are comparitively cheaper and very time consuming due to the steep climbs. There are frequent buses from Darjeeling to Siliguri, every hour.
- On Foot: The pleasant weather in Darjeeling makes it possible to explore the hill station on foot.
- By Hired taxis: If walking is not your thing, then you can also hire taxis within the city. Various hotels tie up with taxi drivers and you can use this service.
- By toy train: Also, the toy train in Darjeeling is very famous and it offers you with some breath-taking locales of the scenic hill station.
Are you looking for a Darjeeling travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Darjeeling
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Darjeeling. The most preferred mode of transport in Darjeeling is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8 km Average time: 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 15 min Overall average time for 8 kms 15 min
How to Reach Darjeeling from Nearby Cities
|Siliguri to Darjeeling||69.13 km||6 hours 32 mins|
|Gangtok to Darjeeling||108.93 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Lachung to Darjeeling||209.76 km||3 hours 34 mins|
- How to reach Namchi
- How to reach Kalimpong
- How to reach Rangpo
- How to reach Pelling
- How to reach Aritar
- How to reach Gangtok
- How to reach Lachung
- How to reach Gauripur
- How to reach Barharwa
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai