- Address: Kurseong, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734222, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Food And Drinks, Town
Kurseong - Review
Kurseong is a well known hill station located nearby Darjeeling. The original inhabitants of the city are the Lepchas whose ancestors started living there around 1780s. According to the Lepchas, the term means, the "Land of the White Orchids". With a distance of 32 kms from Darjeeling, it has a pleasant climate throughout the year, making it a perfect hill station where people can spend quality holidays.
The primary economy of the city is dependent on education and tourism. Lots of students from various parts of India come here to obtain a higher degree. April to October is the best time to visit this famous hill station. Kurseong has many famous hotels ranging from five stars to three stars. Because the mountains were always freezing in the summers, the tourists have always liked Kurseong. It has a beauty and charm of its own. Many International schools with high repute teach the students in the lap of the nature.
The beautiful scenery, the pollution free environment, the mouth watering cuisines make all Kurseong a hot choice for travel. The Govt of West Bengal has made several plans for the improvement of the economic condition of the place.
- Kurseong is advancing as a calm and facilitated hill station. Tea enclosures incorporate the provinces of Castleton, Makaibarie, Ambotia and Goomtee. These tea enclosures likewise offer bed and breakfast sort of convenience in laborers quarters, and so on.
How To reach Kurseong by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Kurseong
- La Casse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Darjeeling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Darjeeling and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kurseong
79.56% of people who visit Darjeeling include Kurseong in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
41.15% of people start their Kurseong visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kurseong
94.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kurseong
Kurseong, Darjeeling Reviews
- Dixon & Dixon
- Environmental Analyst
- Cornerstone United Methodist Church
- Devine Sisters Of Faith
- Avenue Art
- BECA Gallery - Bridge For Emerging Contemporary Art
- Society For The Propagation Of The Faith
- The Metropolitan Nightclub
- Fête Française
- The Murder Mystery Company
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
- Payne Ronald J
- House Of Prayer Hse Of Prayer
- Mask Unlimited