Observatory HillCurrently Open
- Address: Chowrasta Square, Darjeeling, WB 734102, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Hill
Near The Mall in Darjeeling, you will find a beautiful haven called The Observatory Hill. The famous Kanchenjunga as well as other mountains can be seen from here. Chowrasta and The Mall near Observatory Hill are the places for which the tourists come to Darjeeling but this hill is equally worth it.
The slopes at an altitude of almost 2000 metres can easily inspire awe of the visitors. The view of the mountain peaks is clear during the October and November months. The tourists come in large numbers during this period to the Observatory Hill. Birch Hill or Jawahar Parbat is another important attraction around the Hill.
People need to make their booking early in order to come here since the hotels and other accommodation is almost always full. From the New Jalpaiguri station, cars and buses come to the hill on a regular basis. Known as Makal-Babu-Ko-Thaan, Observatory Hill has a rich historical importance. It is one of the oldest spots in Darjeeling. According to the myth, Lord Indra’s ornamental rod, Dorje had fallen at this place from where the name of Darjeeling arrives. It has the Bhutia Busty monastery near it and also the temple of the Mahakal.
Observatory Hill Travel Tips
- Quite like the characters in Satyajit Ray's Kanchenjungha, there are people who are willing to wait for hours together to see the Kanchenjunga beyond the mist.
Observatory Hill Hours
- The visibility of the sights can vary from season to season.
How to Reach Observatory Hill
- Chowrasta Square
- Hotel Sunrise View
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Darjeeling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Darjeeling and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Observatory Hill Address: Chowrasta Square, Darjeeling, WB 734102, India
- Observatory Hill Timing: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Observatory Hill(preferred time): 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Observatory Hill: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.66% of people who visit Darjeeling include Observatory Hill in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.51% of people start their Observatory Hill visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Observatory Hill
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Observatory Hill
People normally club together Chowrasta and Dekeling Hotel while planning their visit to Observatory Hill.