Are you looking for what to do in Darjeeling?
PLACES TO SEE
- Bhutia Busty Gompa: The most scenic Buddhist monastery in the area.
- Japanese Peace Pogoda: One of about 90 pogodas around the world, constructed on a hill with spanning views.
- Tiger Hill: You have to see the sun rise from this point as the golden light washes over Darjeeling.
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: One of the best zoos in India, it is home to Himalayan fauna, Siberian tigers, red pandas, snow leopards and Tibetan wolves.
THINGS TO DO
- Adventure: There are many guided tours and treks you can take in Darjeeling. Mountain biking is of the favourite activities for tourists.
- Shopping: Visit some of the shopping hubs scattered around Darjeeling to find curios, spices and beautiful traditional clothing to buy as keepsakes.
- Nightlife: Nightlife is not very active but you can visit Joey’s Pub or a tea boutique to socialize, have drinks and relax with locals and other tourists.
- Joey’s Pub is a popular night spot. The pub is near the post office, they have a big screen TV showing sports, cold beer.
- Inox Theatre offers three cinemas that show a variety of fairly recent Hollywood fare.
- Some people prefer to go to Buzz, which is basically a Hollywood themed bar.
Below we have a list of things to do in Darjeeling and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Darjeeling getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Darjeeling with confidence.