How to Reach Darwin
- By Air: Darwin Airport is strategically connected to major cities around the world by airlines such as Qantas airways, Tiger Airways, Virgin Australia etc. One can find many convenient options to reach the hotels like shuttle service and taxis.
- By Train: The Ghan train runs on the Adelaide—Alice Springs-Darwin route twice a week and is the only rail link that connects Darwin to the rest of Australia.
- By Bus: Greyhound Bus services connect Darwin to Alice Springs and further to Broome with daily coaches.
- By Car : Car is the best way to get around in Darwin. You can rent a car or drive in through the Stuart highway that connects Darwin to the rest of this vast nation.
- By Bus : Darwin Bus runs buses within the city. The schedules are convenient and most of the city is connected through its routes. It makes sense to buy a show and go ticket that entitles you for unlimited rides for a fee of Australian dollar $5.
- By Cycle: A flat city as it is, cycling in Darwin will not tire you. Cycling paths make it convenient to pedal around this pretty city. Bike rentals are cheap and plenty.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Darwin. The most preferred mode of transport in Darwin is Car.
Average distance: 16.23 km Average time: 30.47 min
Car 58.82%Driving 20.6 min Walking 0.7 min Overall average time for 19.78 kms 21.3 min
Walking 17.65%Walking 27.67 min Driving 6.67 min Bike 2.33 min Other 1.67 min Overall average time for 7.42 kms 38.33 min
Bike 17.65%Bike 30 min Bus 8.33 min Driving 5 min Waiting 5 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 13.27 kms 50 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.88%Bus 30 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 16 kms 40 min