If sea beaches attract you, Dassia should be your next vacation destination. Nestled on the island of Corfu in Greece, this small town was once a village. Probably it was the first village on this island that was turned into a beach resort. After this transformation, the tourism in Dassia increased to a much greater extent. All credits go to its close proximity to Corfu town and also because of its beautiful sea beaches. The secluded beaches like Dassia beach is blessed with fewer crowds making the ambience peaceful and calm. People who hate crowds often head off to Dassia when they come to Corfu. With times, this factor has turned this small town into a destination for family holidays. If you are planning to stay in this beautiful towns, hotels both budget and luxurious ones are there for you. Else you can even try different options like camping.
However, if you feel that Dassia is a quiet place, then you are wrong. Come in the evening and you can see the energetic face of the town. With so many pubs and clubs, Dassia turns into a vibrant city. Hence, if you are a party lover Dassia has something for you as well.
As far as activities are concerned, go for a cruise trip. A private organization like Corfu Boat hire offer cruise trip along the sea shore of the town. The trip also lets you explore some unknown corners of the sea. On the other hand, there are some clubs that let you enjoy fun time on the beach. For instance, Malibu Summer Club lets you enjoy the pleasant summer in Corfu in the best way. This club has ample space to let it’s adult visitors enjoy volleyball game. For kids, a separate game area is there as well.
Hence, if you wish to have some fun time without getting disturbed by onlookers, then Dassia should be your destination.
Essential travel information and Dassia tips for your visit
- Time Zone – EEST (Eastern Europe Summer Time)
- Currency – EURO (Euro)
- Electricity & Internet – 220-240 volts for Voltage; Primary socket type: Europlug, Schuko;
- Language – Their official language is Greek. However, English is also spoken for the convenience of the travelers.
- Security – Police:100, medical emergency: 166, fire department: 199.
- Tourist traps – Make sure you hire only metered taxis otherwise you will be compelled by the drivers to pay more.
- Off-Beaten Path – Hire a motorbike to explore Dassia in the best way. Go for a cruise trip to admire the beautiful seashore of the town.
- Tipping – If you are hiring a taxi, make sure it has a meter. Be careful when you are driving. If you are going into the war, beware of the jellyfish that stays near the shore. For skincare, apply sun cream to avoid getting your skin burned because of the extreme heat.