Convent GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: 7 Daly Street, Daylesford Victoria Australia 3460, Daylesford, Victoria 3460, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-353483211
- Ticket Price: 5 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Bar, Art Gallery, Historical Site, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Convent Gallery - Review
A superb Victorian era building with a rich history the convent gallery started out as something totally different than what its today. Built during the 1860s, during the Gold Rush it was actually the residence of the then Gold Commissioner. Later during the 1880s the Catholic Church purchased the place and opened a convent school for girls. In the end of 20th century the church was closed in need of greater reparations and purchased by an artist named Tina Banitska in 1988.
Through her efforts and perseverance the place has transformed into an art gallery as well as a place for weddings and other events. The gallery houses number of artworks like paintings, ceramics, glassware, textiles and many more from local artists. Not only is the place one of the best art galleries in Victoria but also home to some stylish bars and cafes. Overall the Convent gallery offers a wholesome experience of satisfying all your senses.
How To reach Convent Gallery by Public Transport
- Located close to Daylesford Railway station.
- Ask locals for direction. Drive or walk here if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Daylesford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Daylesford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Convent Gallery
95% of people who visit Daylesford include Convent Gallery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.39% of people start their Convent Gallery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Convent Gallery
90.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Convent Gallery
Convent Gallery Map
Convent Gallery Trips
Convent Gallery, Daylesford Reviews
Rating the location and museum (didn’t try cafe though it’s in a beautiful spot and looked popular). This place is stunning and well worth the small entry fee for the amazing views and history tidbits alone. The art is a bonus, and is changed frequently, so you can visit again and again and still find it a refreshing experience.
Convent Gallery is set on beautifully gardened grounds. It has a reasonably large and diverse range of art in many styles and mediums. Something for everyone. The architecture of the buildings and their history are also interesting. There's a gift shop with many unique products. I didn't eat in the cafe but they had some delicious looking cakes on display. The $5 entry fee is fair but depending on your likes, there are other (free) galleries in the area that are just as enjoyable, if not more so. The convent is well worth a visit though.
Nice place.. surrounding is scenic and awsme.. it has a 5 dollar entrance fee.. the area is really nice cool and calm. Idea for a newly wedded or a romantic couple for a getaway for like 4 hrs.
This is a nice little place with a nice coffee shop. The bar and Chappell are a great place for a couple of drinks on a nice afternoon
Delicious brunch. Great menu. Belle who served me was friendly & attentive. The convent is beautiful, art works interesting, Chapel serene, gift shop enticing & the gardens stunningly beautiful! Definitely a must!
All QuestionsConvent gallery
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal