Daylesford Spa Country RailwayCurrently Closed
- Address: Daylesford Railway Station, Off Raglan Street, Daylesford, Victoria 3460, Australia
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-353481759
- Ticket Price: 9 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum, Train Ride
Daylesford Spa Country Railway - Review
The Daylesford railway line was actually opened during the Victorian Era in the 1880s but with the passage of time the service deteriorated and line was replaced with a road coach. It is only in the late 1990 the railway service between Daylesford and a nearby hamlet of Musk commenced. Later in 1997 it was extended till Bullarto. Today it’s a tourist railway line that runs from Daylesford to Bullarto every Sunday. There’s also a special train named Silver Streak Champagne train that runs on first Saturday of every month. The Silver Streak offers food and beverages inside the train during the one hour return trip. In the future the officials are planning to extend the line up to Carlsruhe. They also run a market nearby that opens every Sunday.
Daylesford Spa Country Railway Ticket Prices
- For Services on Sunday till Bullarto: Adult: single $9, return $15, Child: single $7, return $13, Family: return $35.
- For services on Sunday till musk: Adult: single $6, return $10, Child: single $5, return $8, Family: return $25.
- For Silver Streak Champagne Train: Adult: $45, Teenagers: $30, Children (age 5-20): $20
- Prices inclusive of a return trip and food & beverages on the train.
Daylesford Spa Country Railway Hours
- The Silver streak Champagne Train runs every first Saturday of each month at 5.30pm and returns by 7.00pm.
- For a detailed train schedule refer website.
How To reach Daylesford Spa Country Railway by Public Transport
- Ask locals for direction.
- Drive or walk here if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Daylesford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Daylesford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Daylesford Spa Country Railway
29.27% of people who visit Daylesford include Daylesford Spa Country Railway in their plan
50% of people start their Daylesford Spa Country Railway visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Daylesford Spa Country Railway
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Daylesford Spa Country Railway
Daylesford Spa Country Railway Trips
Daylesford Spa Country Railway, Daylesford Reviews
Great idea but I feel they need to create a higher quality market as it was more like a trash and treasure market.
Volunter operated diesel electric railmotor tourist railway runs between Daylsford and Bullarto.
This was such fun! The train was beautifully presented. The hour trip was just right. Warm, friendly, knowledgeable staff. Take rhe kids, take yourself, but take a ride on this moving museum. A must when I'm back in the area, time to be a kid again & just enjoy!
Excellent market. The volunteers go out of there way for you. And an excellent collection of rolling stock.
Very relaxed and peaceful surroundings