Ponce De Leon Lighthouse, Daytona Beach
About Ponce De Leon Lighthouse, Daytona Beach
Ponce De Leon Lighthouse, Daytona Beach - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 4931 S Peninsula Dr, Ponce Inlet, FL 32127, United States
Ticket Price: 7 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Ponce de Leon Lighthouse tower was constructed in the year 1887. Tragically, Chief Engineer Orville E. Babcock and three others drowned in the inlet during its construction. A serene structure, the lighthouse was fully automated in the late 1953. Today, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse is listed as an operational private aid to navigation. Boasting of a footfall of over 170,000 people each year, the lighthouse was designated a National Historic Landmark in the year 1998. Within the lighthouse is a museum which offers a treasure-trove of sights, sounds and experiences for young and old alike.
Ponce De Leon Lighthouse Information
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the historic grounds.
- Water bottles, food, and backpacks are prohibited; however, water fountains are located throughout the Light Station.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Running, jumping, and climbing on or around the historic structures is not allowed.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Proper footwear should be worn while climbing the tower. Proper footwear includes closed toed shoes with non-slip soles, and low heels. Flip flops, sandals, and high heeled shoes are not recommended.
- Anyone throwing objects from the tower (or down the interior) will be escorted from the museum immediately.
- The Lighthouse is home to a variety of indigenous animal species. Many of these animals are protected by state and federal law. For the safety of all Lighthouse guests and wildlife, do not pick-up or physically harass any wildlife during your visit.
Ponce De Leon Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Adults: USD 6.95
- Children(11 and under): USD 1.95
- Infants (newly born to 2): Free
Ponce De Leon Lighthouse Opening and Closing Hours
- Fall, Winter, & Spring Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Day after Labor Day to Day before Memorial Day, last admission at 5:00 p.m.)
- Summer Hours of Operation: Open 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Memorial Day to Labor Day, last admission at 8:00 p.m.)
How To reach Ponce De Leon Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Peninsula & Sailfish Ib bus stop
- Sea Critter Docks Ib bus stop
- Marine Science Center bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Daytona Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Daytona Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ponce De Leon Lighthouse, Daytona Beach Reviews - Write a Review
Really cool place. If you want to know about some early history not only of Florida but of the U.S.A. this is a must stop on anyone's bucket list. From the early Indians to the early settlers to the Lighthouse tenders and their families who lived in this environment to enable ships to come into port with vital supplies. I recommend to do the tour to get the most of the experience. I shall return as I am sure I missed a lot. P.S.... wear comfortable shoes and book tour in advance if possible.
Definitely a must when visiting this area! It has so much to offer for a VERY reasonable entrance fee ($14.00 for 2 adults). There are multiple buildings to explore and you can walk all the way to top and walk out on the platform to quite the view! The gift shop has to many amazing things to pick from, also VERY reasonable prices for a gift shop
Awesome day trip from Orlando! I couldn't have picked a more fun inexpensive experience for my birthday weekend! The gift shop is really nice! So much to see and lots of history to read about. You can't bring water bottles on the property! But they do have water fountains and the staff is very cordial. The view from the top of the lighthouse is everything I'd hope it would be. :)
Lived here my whole life and went here for the first time a couple of years ago. I now go regularly. It's one of the most beautiful sites from the top of the lighthouse. Side note: the walk to the top is a great exercise.
Nice tourist spot to go to if you need a break from the beach. You can visit the gift shop and, if you pay around $10, you can walk around the different buildings and go up into the lighthouse. Definitely a cool view at the top to see.
- Nearby Attractions
- Oceans Racquet & Recreation Club
- Daytona Beach Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Daytona Beach
- What to See in 48 Hours in Daytona Beach
- What to See in 72 Hours in Daytona Beach
- How to Spend 5 Days in Daytona Beach
- How to Spend 6 Days in Daytona Beach
- How to Spend 7 Days in Daytona Beach