Scotty's Castle688 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 123 Scotty's Castle Rd, Death Valley, CA 92328, United States, Death Valley National Park
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7607862392
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Windows into the past are nice, but its even better when such windows are curiosities all on their own. Walter Scott, namesake of the place, used to go around telling everyone that he built this castle with the money he made off his secret mines. Truth was, he never owned it in the first place. It belonged to a businessman (Albert Johnson) who was conned into investing Scott’s fraudulent mine, yet somehow ended up in a deep friendship with the man – enough that he built Scotty his own ranch. Albert himself only used the mansion as a winter retreat. The mansion itself is Mission Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival and provides a wonderful glimpse into the 1920’s lifestyle of the rich. Though the castle is indeed open the year round, it’s best to check the National Park Service Website before visiting.
Scotty's Castle Travel Tips
- Ranger guided tours to LVR usually fully booked in advance.
- No restrooms at Lower Vine Ranch.
- If you’re driving here, make sure you’ve got plenty of back-up fuel. The closest gas station is over 45 miles away.
Entrance Ticket Details For Scotty's Castle
- $7.50 for children aged between 6 to 15 years.
- Same prices apply for Underground Tour.
- $20 ($10 for kids) for Lower Vine Ranch.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Death Valley National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Death Valley National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.09% of people who visit Death Valley National Park include Scotty's Castle in their plan
92.96% of people start their Scotty's Castle visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Scotty's Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Scotty's Castle
Scotty's Castle Reviews & Ratings
Is Scotty's Castle open now, and do you need advance reservations to tour?Answer Report Abuse
Scotty's Castle is closed for the public due to flood damage. You can stay updated by visiting the official website of the United States National Parks.Report Abuse