Titus CanyonCurrently Open
- Address: Titus Canyon Rd, Death Valley National Park, Death Valley, CA 92328, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Geological Formation, Cavern, Hiking Trail, Canyon, Nature
Titus Canyon - Review
A lot is packed into this 20 mile drive cutting through the Grapevine Mountains. Setting aside the unusual rock formations and plants you’re going to see, this place is absolutely brilliant with hiking opportunities. This make is one of the most popular destinations in Death Valley. It’s one way though – from Nevada Highway 374 (Daylight Pass Road, 2 miles east of the park boundary) to the western end of the canyon.
So what to see? From White Pass, enter the Titanothere Canyon where colorful rock deposits contain fossil beds upto 35-million years old; you can also park where the road crosses the second fork of the drainage and hike 4.5 miles down to the Lostman Spring. Other sites you might want to check out are Leadfield, the Red Pass (from where you can also got for the Thimble Peak Hike). If you want to see Big Horn Sheep, visit the Klare Spring to see them who come drinking here; as a bonus you’ll get to see the petroglyphs left by the Native Americans who once came to hunt here. DO NOT DEFACE THEM!
Titus Canyon Information
- Do not travel this road in the Summers. Flash flooding is expected.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Death Valley National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Death Valley National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Titus Canyon
95% of people who visit Death Valley National Park include Titus Canyon in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
34.3% of people start their Titus Canyon visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Titus Canyon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Titus Canyon
Titus Canyon Map
Titus Canyon Trips
1 View4 Days 3 Nights
2 Views4 Days 3 Nights
1 View4 Days 3 Nights
Titus Canyon, Death Valley National Park Reviews
All QuestionsTitus canyon
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 1 Day
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 2 Days
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 3 Days
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 4 Days
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 5 Days
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 6 Days
- Death Valley National Park Itinerary 7 Days