Ubehebe Crater510 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Death Valley National Park, Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328, United States
- Phone: +1-7607862331
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, View Point, Hiking Trail, Nature
The Ubehebe is just the right example of the beauty and wonder work of nature with a half mile width and 600 foot depth. The crater is actually a result of the uncontrolled mixing of water with magma which led to an explosion. The crater has three hiking trails and the area is extremely windy. This spot in the valley offers spectacular views. The hike however is not very easy.
Ubehebe Crater Travel Tips
- The climb tends to get a little tough.
- It is very windy at the crater.
- Wear proper hiking shoes on a trip to the crater.
- Carry a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated.
How to Reach Ubehebe Crater
- Bus: Independence Bus Stop
- Lone Pine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Death Valley National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Death Valley National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.61% of people who visit Death Valley National Park include Ubehebe Crater in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
79.63% of people start their Ubehebe Crater visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Ubehebe Crater
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ubehebe Crater