How to Reach Debrecen - The Easiest Way to Reach Debrecen
HOW TO GET TO DEBRECEN
- By Air: Debrecen has an international airport and can be accessed from whole of Europe. The Budapest airport is also in close proximity which serves flights to major international cities.
- By Train: Debrecen lies on the Budapest-Szolnok-Debrecen-Nyiregyhaza-Zahony which is the no 100 line of Hungary. Debrecen has a well-functioning train station and has connections to all the major cities and towns in Hungary. It also has trains to international destinations like Romania, Ukraine and Slovakia.
- By Car: Debrecen can be easily accessed by car using the roads No. 4, 33, 35, 42, and 47, or M3 highway. You can travel to Debrecen via car from Budapest, Nyiregyhaza and Miskolc.
HOW TO GET AROUND DEBRECEN
- By Car: The roads in Debrecen are good for driving and the traffic is organised. You can rent car to get around Debrecen.
- By Bus: Bus lines are fast and easily available to get around the near-by places.
- By Tram: The tram in Debrecen connects the major attractions in the city. The tram offers round trips which is a great way to explore the city.
- On Foot: The city is pretty small and can be explored on foot. Debrecen travel guide recommends exploring the city on foot to get a better experience of the local culture.
Are you looking for a Debrecen travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Debrecen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Debrecen. The most preferred mode of transport in Debrecen is Car.
Average distance: 5.15 km Average time: 16.4 min
Car 40%Driving 16.25 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 8 kms 17.25 min
Walking 20%Walking 7.5 min Overall average time for 0.75 kms 7.5 min
Bike 30%Bike 12.33 min Overall average time for 4 kms 12.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10%Bus 20 min Waiting 15 min Walking 8 min Overall average time for 6 kms 43 min
How to Reach Debrecen from Nearby Cities
|Sáránd to Debrecen||12.96 km||12 mins|
|Oradea to Debrecen||57.57 km||57 mins|
|Košice to Debrecen||129.13 km||2 hours 9 mins|
|Satu mare to Debrecen||139.52 km||2 hours 19 mins|
|Zalău to Debrecen||162.86 km||2 hours 42 mins|
|Timișoara to Debrecen||188.55 km||3 hours 8 mins|
|Cluj-napoca to Debrecen||231.11 km||3 hours 51 mins|
|Kistarcsa to Debrecen||262.71 km||4 hours 22 mins|
|Budapest to Debrecen||287.53 km||4 hours 47 mins|
|Belgrade to Debrecen||313.4 km||5 hours 13 mins|
- How to reach Hajdúszoboszló
- How to reach Hajdúnánás
- How to reach Nyíregyháza
- How to reach Mezőcsát
- How to reach Tiszafüred
- How to reach Tokaj