Are you looking for what to do in Debrecen?
PLACES TO SEE
- Hortobagy National Park: A UNESCO world heritage site that dates back to ten thousand years. Great flora, fauna and natural rock formations.
- Debrecen Zoo and Amusement Park: A fascinating zoo and an amusement park with non-stop entertainment, drop in for great fun!
- MODEM Centre of Modern and Contemporary Art: The biggest art gallery of the region and is dedicated to modern and contemporary fine art pieces.
- The Great Reformed Church: The great church dating back to the 12th century and has a seating capacity of 1800 is rightly considered as a local landmark.
- St. Anna’s Cathedral: Built between 1721 and 1746, this cathedral id dedicated Catholic Saint Anne. Beautiful altars, the statue of St. Stephen, admirable frescos and stucco ornaments adorn this church.
- Reformed College: The oldest educational institution in Hungary; the reformed college dates back to 1538. It has an immense educational, historical and political importance in Hungary.
- Deri Museum: Considered as one of the most prominent history collections in Hungary, the Deri Museum is located in a neo-baroque building and has separate sections dedicated to Ethnography, Archaeology, Art and Sciences.
- Reformed Small Church: Originally built in 1600, the church was rebuilt in 1727 and went under several restorations.
THINGS TO DO
- Catch a classical music performance or opera at the Csokonai Theatre.
- Splash and relax in the Aquaticum Termal Mediterranean Spa and Water Park.
- Shop at the Debrecen Plaza of Forum Shopping Mall.
- Go for a picnic in the Nagyerdo-The City Park.
- Visit the Erdospuszta territories and Hortobagy area located in close proximity of Debrecen.
Below we have a list of things to do in Debrecen and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Debrecen getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Debrecen with confidence.