Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
About Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: P.O. New Forests, Dehradun, Uttaranchal, India
Ticket Price: 15 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 26.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Forest Research Institute, also known as The Imperial Forest Research Institute was established in 1906 to organize and take off forestry research programs in India. It was originally founded by Dietrich Brandis under the British School of Forestry.
The rare Greco- Roman style of architecture makes it even more stunning and gives it that classic look. It is a structure made of red bricks is a classic style with Mughal style towers as a fusion to the former. The arches and Roman columns that form patterns of quadrangles with cloistered corners just look perfectly designed. The architecture is a complete combination of various Indo-Western styles.
There are six vast halls with displays of Indian Forestry that look like remnants from a school fair. The whole museum consists of six sections of pathology, Social Forestry, Silviculture, Timber, Non-Wood Forest Products and Entemology. The major attractions here are the fantastic paintings by Afshan Zaidi of beautiful animals, birds and plants. The other objects worth admiring are the exhibits on medicinal uses of plants and the unique cross-section of a 700 year old Deodar tree.
Forest Research Institute Information
- The timings are given only for entry to the museum. Entry to the main institution is restricted.
- Parking of vehicles requires a nominal fee.
Forest Research Institute Ticket Prices
- Guide fee is 25.00 INR extra.
Forest Research Institute Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum is closed on weekends.
- No tours between 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm.
How To reach Forest Research Institute by Public Transport
- Nearest railway station is Dehradun.
- Nearest airport is Dehradun.
Restaurants Near Forest Research Institute
- Naveen Foods
- 7 Eleven
- Radhaswami Vegetarian Restaurant
- Doon Sweets
- Goyal Sweets
- Chicken Point
- Nanking Restaurant
- Lhasa Restaurant
- Kumar Vegetarian Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dehradun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dehradun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- MDDA Park
- Chandrabani Temple
- Subir Raha Oil Museum
- Ram Rai Gurudwara
- Lazer Wars
- Doon Valley
- Wildlife Institute Of India
- Luther W. New Jr. Theological College
- Clock Tower
- Dehradun Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dehradun
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dehradun
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dehradun
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dehradun
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dehradun
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dehradun