Robber's CaveCurrently Open
- Address: Vijaypur, Gopiwala, Anarwala, Guchhupani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Waterfall, River, Picnic Spot
Robber’s Cave is a cave formation located a few kilometres away from the centre of Dehradun. It is locally known as Guchhupani. The interiors of the cave are so beautifully designed that it is hard to believe that is a naturally formed structure. It derives its name from the story that says that the robbers used this place as their hideout to escape from the British. The cave is a long, narrow structure and is divided into two portions. The cave boasts of the highest waterfall of the country. The central part of the cave is like a fort wall structure that is almost completely broken now, most probably due to the forces of water. It is an ideal picnic spot for all the tourists. The best feature is the surprising flow of the river. The river actually flows underground and cannot be seen, but once you go along a little more you will again spot the river flowing. The cave is guarded by hills all over as you walk a little more.
- There is a scarcity of local transport so it is better you hire private cabs.
- It is a very good place for photography.
- The stones under the water are very sharp, so do not step into the water barefoot.
- Carry your own rubber slippers if you do not want rented ones. Regular shoes and footwear are a bad idea.
- You must carry an extra set of clothes to change as you are bound to get wet inside the cave.
- The best time to visit is during the spring season to experience the best view of the waterfall.
- Nearest railway station is Dehradun
- Nearest bus stop is at Anarwala.
- You’ll have to drive to here.
- Milan 21st century Vegetarian Restaurant
- Uttar Sweets
- Handi Restaurant
- Sonu Dhaba
- Grand Confectionaries
- Orchard Restaurant
- Town Table
- Countable Restaurant
- Chicken Hut Duck Chick Grand Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dehradun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dehradun and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dehradun include Robber's Cave in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
29.08% of people start their Robber's Cave visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Robber's Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Robber's Cave
Awesome place..... Descent with full of fun.... nature beauty and very much employment providing for local people of gucchipani... this is the perfect place for water and hill lover. ..water is so clean and pure. There is 600 metre cave.... Where surface is filled with natural water....
It should be on number one 'Must go places' in dehradoon. The cave more than half kilometer long has continuous flow of knee deep water. Cave ends in a tiny water fall. Economical fresh food available outside the cave on make shift stalls. Two hours is enough time to enjoy it.
The inside of cave is full of fun and enjoyment. The new experience of adventurous trekking in the lap of Nature. The place is full of natural beauty. Good place to go for picnic with family and friends. Be careful while walking in water inside the cave because depth of water is not same everywhere and sometimes pieces of glass and forks were found in water that would be harmful. If you are carrying electronic gadgets with you don't forget to put them in waterproof pouch.
A very fun place to be. Amazing canyons with flowing fresh water. Great for a group of friends or family as well. Be ready to get at least knee deep water. Even more fun if you're ready to get all wet.
Awesome places for adventure. Need to be careful while moving in water... Need to identify deep areas and shallow waters.. Take care of electronic gadgets. Put them in waterproof pouches...