Robber's Cave, Dehradun
Robber's Cave, Dehradun - Address
Address: Vijaypur, Gopiwala, Anarwala, Guchhupani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 30K times in trip plans
Cave, Waterfall, River, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Robber's Cave, Dehradun
Robber’s Cave is a cave formation located a few kilometres away from the centre of Dehradun. It is locally known as Guchhupani. The interiors of the cave are so beautifully designed that it is hard to believe that is a naturally formed structure. It derives its name from the story that says that the robbers used this place as their hideout to escape from the British. The cave is a long, narrow structure and is divided into two portions. The cave boasts of the highest waterfall of the country. The central part of the cave is like a fort wall structure that is almost completely broken now, most probably due to the forces of water. It is an ideal picnic spot for all the tourists. The best feature is the surprising flow of the river. The river actually flows underground and cannot be seen, but once you go along a little more you will again spot the river flowing. The cave is guarded by hills all over as you walk a little more.
Robber's Cave Information
- There is a scarcity of local transport so it is better you hire private cabs.
- It is a very good place for photography.
- The stones under the water are very sharp, so do not step into the water barefoot.
- Carry your own rubber slippers if you do not want rented ones. Regular shoes and footwear are a bad idea.
- You must carry an extra set of clothes to change as you are bound to get wet inside the cave.
- The best time to visit is during the spring season to experience the best view of the waterfall.
How To reach Robber's Cave by Public Transport
- Nearest railway station is Dehradun
- Nearest bus stop is at Anarwala.
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Restaurants Near Robber's Cave
- Milan 21st century Vegetarian Restaurant
- Uttar Sweets
- Handi Restaurant
- Sonu Dhaba
- Grand Confectionaries
- Orchard Restaurant
- Town Table
- Countable Restaurant
- Chicken Hut Duck Chick Grand Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dehradun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dehradun and book an accommodation of your choice.