Robber's Cave, Dehradun
About Robber's Cave, Dehradun
Robber's Cave, Dehradun - Address
Address: Vijaypur, Gopiwala, Anarwala, Guchhupani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 30K times in trip plans
Cave, Waterfall, River, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Robber’s Cave is a cave formation located a few kilometres away from the centre of Dehradun. It is locally known as Guchhupani. The interiors of the cave are so beautifully designed that it is hard to believe that is a naturally formed structure. It derives its name from the story that says that the robbers used this place as their hideout to escape from the British. The cave is a long, narrow structure and is divided into two portions. The cave boasts of the highest waterfall of the country. The central part of the cave is like a fort wall structure that is almost completely broken now, most probably due to the forces of water. It is an ideal picnic spot for all the tourists. The best feature is the surprising flow of the river. The river actually flows underground and cannot be seen, but once you go along a little more you will again spot the river flowing. The cave is guarded by hills all over as you walk a little more.
Robber's Cave Information
- There is a scarcity of local transport so it is better you hire private cabs.
- It is a very good place for photography.
- The stones under the water are very sharp, so do not step into the water barefoot.
- Carry your own rubber slippers if you do not want rented ones. Regular shoes and footwear are a bad idea.
- You must carry an extra set of clothes to change as you are bound to get wet inside the cave.
- The best time to visit is during the spring season to experience the best view of the waterfall.
How To reach Robber's Cave by Public Transport
- Nearest railway station is Dehradun
- Nearest bus stop is at Anarwala.
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Restaurants Near Robber's Cave
- Milan 21st century Vegetarian Restaurant
- Uttar Sweets
- Handi Restaurant
- Sonu Dhaba
- Grand Confectionaries
- Orchard Restaurant
- Town Table
- Countable Restaurant
- Chicken Hut Duck Chick Grand Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dehradun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dehradun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Robber's Cave, Dehradun Reviews - Write a Review
Great picnic spot. Nice drive to the place. The natural cave with water flowing is amazing. Wear Keds to walk in the water to the end point. Good place to take the kids for a day out. Crowded on weekends. Best time to visit in the monsoons!!
Area wise its not big but view is nice. If you are with your friends and want to chill out for few hours then it's a place to go. The water level is about 2 feet so you can just walk through the cave. Its a good idea to take slippers with you :)
Nice clear water. I do suggest to rent the slippers because it didn't and my feet were tortured like anything. There is a lot of gravel. The flow of water is a bit fast. Also, do keep a change of clothes coz as you proceed inside the water level rises. The cave is ethereal. There are shops offering food there too.
Can be done in 30 minutes or take your time with friends. Not challenging but feels like you actually did something good. Best nature activity in the area
Wonderful place for fun. Natural cave formation and waterfall. You can walk in the shallow water and even take a bath. Pro tip - always wear slippers and clothes which you would allow to get wet. :-) Welcome.
- Nearby Attractions
- Abhimanyu Cricket Academy
- Rajaji National Park
- Graphic Era University
- Gurkha Fort
- Pacific Hills
- MDDA Park
- Chandrabani Temple
- Subir Raha Oil Museum
- Dehradun Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dehradun
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dehradun
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dehradun
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dehradun
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dehradun
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dehradun