Sahastradhara - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Vijaypur, Gopiwala, Anarwala, Guchhupani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 27.9K times in trip plans
Temple, Water Body, View Point, River, Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Our day by day vacation itinerary maker is here to help you along every step!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About Sahastradhara, Dehradun
Sahastradhara literally means ‘flow of thousand springs’. It is a place where the Baldi River flows through the hilly terrain. History says, it was here that the teacher of the Pandavas and the Kauravas, Sage Dronacharya had his residence. The river water flows from quite a height leaving residues of limestone and thus making this fall water full of sulphur when it goes into the stream.
The stream is said to have many medicinal values due to the presence of sulphur. It has collection of water pools where water drips from limestone stalactites, turning it to sulphur spring. The best thing is the temperature of the water which is not at all extreme, given the temperature of the surroundings. This place also serves as a popular tourist attraction and a picnic spot. The picture perfect backdrop of the Himalayan Range and the serene greenery makes it heavenly.
The attractions surrounding this place of are the Robber’s cave which is formed due to actions of nature and limestone residues. The water rippling down the ceiling and playing hide-n-seek is a must visit. Besides this is the Tapakeshwar Temple. There is also an amusement park called ‘Joy land’. It is an ideal place for the children to have lots of fun.
- An ideal place for photography.
- Do not miss on a trekking experience when you visit this place.
- This stream water is a natural remedy for pain and skin infection problems.
- Carry your own food and enjoy it in the natural surroundings for a lifetime experience.
- Carry an extra set of clothes to change after you bathe in the waterfall.
- The stones under the water are very sharp, so do not step into the water barefoot.
- Carry your own rubber slippers if you do not want rented ones. Regular shoes and footwear are a bad idea.
- The best time to visit is during the spring season to experience the best view of the waterfall.
Sahastradhara Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Sahastradhara by Public Transport
- Nearest railway station is Dehradun
- Nearest bus stop is at Anarwala.
- Nearest airport is at Dehradun.
Restaurants Near Sahastradhara
- Milan 21st century Vegetarian Restaurant
- Uttar Sweets
- Handi Restaurant
- Sonu Dhaba
- Grand Confectionaries
- Orchard Restaurant
- Orchid, Town Table
- Countable Restaurant
- Chicken Hut Duck Chick Grand Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dehradun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dehradun and book an accommodation of your choice.