Delhi Tourism, India
Visit Delhi - Best of Delhi
A city covered with mysteries that needs to be unwrapped and a history that needs to be read over and over again. That’s how many travelogues have described Delhi most of the time. Its colorful beauty, free-spirited nature and magical aura have made people fall in love with Delhi. Hence, they lovingly call it ‘Dilwale’ city. Being a metropolitan city, Delhi has become home for people coming from every corner of India. That’s why, it is often said to be the multicultural hub of India. As you wander in the city, Delhi let you visit past and present at the same time. For instance, while the old Delhi keeps you in awe of the brilliant Mughal architectural work, New Delhi showcase how metro life look like. Similarly, Delhi looks the most vibrant city when you visit places like Hauz Khas Village. While on the other hand, Lal Quila let you know the ancient history of the city. For shopaholics, nothing can beat the collection of Chandni Chowk.
Its spell doesn’t end here. When it comes to festivals, Delhi’s calendar is filled with numerous festivals. Starting from Lahori festival in January and Holi in March to Dussehra in October and Christmas in December; Delhi let you feel the flavor of every festivals in India. That’s why; you will find that many travelers visit Delhi, especially to enjoy their festive mood. This has somewhat influenced tourism of Delhi in a positive way.
Delhi is full of colors that can leave a lasting impression in your mind. Hence, when you plan to visit India, make sure you don’t miss out Delhi. There are lot of things to do in Delhi which will make your visit memorable one. Each one of you should visit Delhi city at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Delhi.
Delhi Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Delhi tips for your visit
IST (UTC +5:30)
Their official currency is Rupee (Ã¢‚Â¹)
Electricity and Internet:
- Voltage: 220 V and 240V AC.
- For internet , free Wi-Fi access are available in some of the hotels; Internet access in just 10 rupees is also available near Delhi railway station
Hindi is another common language the locals speak.
- Avoid walking alone in the late evening hours, especially in deserted areas
- Avoid travelling during wee hours as you might face huge traffic, especially during weekdays.
- Beware of pickpocketers in local trains
- 100 - Police Control Room,
- 101 – Fire control room,
- 102 – Ambulance Helpline,
- 1099 – Centralised Accidents & Trauma Services,
- 1092 - Ambulance Helpline, Delhi;
- 1091 - Women’s Helpline
- If you are hiring a taxi via online, the fare comes at a much lower rate as compare to the ones waiting on the street. Hiring these road side taxis might make you extra for a short trip.
- Avoid going to the shops that your tourist guide might influence you to go for shopping.
Are you looking for a Delhi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Delhi- Know before you go to Delhi
Facts and Stats for Delhi*
Pollution Statistics in Delhi
Know the pollution level of Delhi before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 88.05 (Very High)
Water Pollution 77.83 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 64.93 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 72.58 (High)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 64.52 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 76.2 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 78.12 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 52.14 (Moderate)
Delhi: Crime and Safety
How safe is Delhi for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Delhi.
Burglary and Theft 55.81 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 56.17 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 56.63 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 83.5 (Very High)
Car Stealing 57.71 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 59.42 (Moderate)
Attacks 56.65 (Moderate)
Drug offense 46.74 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 58.1 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during night 26.97 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 54.25 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 39.47 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 58.63 (Moderate)
Living in Delhi - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Delhi is 91.6 (Moderate)
Safety Index 40.67 (Moderate)
Climate Index 58.9 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 91.25 (Very High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 56.03 (High)
Cost of Living Index 29.07 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 65.62 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 14.76 (High)
Purchasing Power Index 79.75 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Delhi
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Delhi
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.01 USD
International Movie per seat 4.41 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 38.85 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 57.02 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 36.66 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Delhi Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Delhi
Delhi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Delhi
Save 7%Private Tour: Day Trip to Agra from Delhi including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort 222 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs
Step back in time and discover the glory of the Mughal Empire of India on this private day trip to Agra from Delhi. See ancie...
Save 7%Red Fort Sound and Light Show in Delhi with Dinner and Private Transfer 34 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Relive the history of Delhi and the Mughal Empire during this spectacular sound and light show at the UNESCO World Heritage-l...
Save 7%Private Tour: Akshardham Temple and Spiritual Sites of South Delhi Including ISKCON Temple 12 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Journey to South Delhi with a private guide and driver for a 6-hour tour of four significant spiritual sites. Your tour start...
Krishna Janambhoomi & Holy Goverdhan Parikrama from Delhi New on TripHobo
Duration: 12 Hrs
Goverdhan Parikrama is to be started from Daan Ghati, Goverdhan. The distance of Parikrama is about 16 km radius ...Book Now
More about Delhi
Awesome Places To Celebrate 2018 New Year Party In Delhi
- Delhi and its people are famous for one thing, and that is celebrating life! Be it any festival, occasion or event, Delhiites celebrate everything with much pomp and splendor! They leave no stone unturned and same goes for New Year’s Eve! Being a weekend, one can possibly have no excuse to miss out on all the fun that is to be had in Delhi on the 31st of December 2017.
We have come up with a list of some of the best places to celebrate 2018 New Year party in Delhi that will surely make this year a truly unforgettable one!
Hotels & Restaurants For New Year Party in Delhi 2018:
20 Live Music Cafes In Delhi Where You Can Enjoy The Best Mu...
- Delhi has no dearth of good hangouts. But when you combine the iconic food of this region with some chilled beer or cocktails and live music, you have a recipe for a good evening. Many cafes and clubs are opening their hearts and their stages for new, edgy and alternative music. The result of this firecracker combination are these best live music cafes in Delhi that have become quite a crowd puller over the years.
10 Affordable Markets In Delhi For Budget Shopping
- There is nothing and absolutely nothing that can compete the flea market tradition of Delhi. Those bylanes, narrow streets bordered with trinkets, embroidered clothes and sandals evoke a cult and unfold stories of the capital's Mughal, British and Post Partition Past. The Mall culture might have superseded Delhi to a certain extent but it is the cheap flea markets that are the real storytellers of this "city of Djinns".
- Vrindavan Tourism
- Fatehpur Sikri Tourism
- Agra Tourism
- Lansdowne Tourism
- Dehradun Tourism
- Mussoorie Tourism
- Jaipur Tourism
- Chandigarh Tourism
- Nainital Tourism
- Kasauli Tourism
- Kausani Tourism
- Ranthambore National Park Tourism
- Leh Tourism
- Mumbai Tourism
- Amritsar Tourism
- Chennai Tourism
- Panaji Tourism
- Varanasi Tourism
- Mount Abu Tourism
- Bandhavgarh National Park Tourism
- Bhopal Tourism