A city covered with mysteries that needs to be unwrapped and a history that needs to be read over and over again. That’s how many travelogues have described Delhi most of the time. Its colorful beauty, free-spirited nature and magical aura have made people fall in love with Delhi. Hence, they lovingly call it ‘Dilwale’ city. Being a metropolitan city, Delhi has become home for people coming from every corner of India. That’s why, it is often said to be the multicultural hub of India. As you wander in the city, Delhi let you visit past and present at the same time. For instance, while the old Delhi keeps you in awe of the brilliant Mughal architectural work, New Delhi showcase how metro life look like. Similarly, Delhi looks the most vibrant city when you visit places like Hauz Khas Village. While on the other hand, Lal Quila let you know the ancient history of the city. For shopaholics, nothing can beat the collection of Chandni Chowk.
Its spell doesn’t end here. When it comes to festivals, Delhi’s calendar is filled with numerous festivals. Starting from Lahori festival in January and Holi in March to Dussehra in October and Christmas in December; Delhi let you feel the flavor of every festivals in India. That’s why; you will find that many travelers visit Delhi, especially to enjoy their festive mood. This has somewhat influenced tourism of Delhi in a positive way.
Delhi is full of colors that can leave a lasting impression in your mind. Hence, when you plan to visit India, make sure you don’t miss out Delhi. There are lot of things to do in Delhi which will make your visit memorable one. Each one of you should visit Delhi city at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Delhi.
Essential travel information and Delhi tips for your visit
IST (UTC +5:30)
Their official currency is Rupee (Ã¢‚Â¹)
Electricity and Internet:
- Voltage: 220 V and 240V AC.
- For internet , free Wi-Fi access are available in some of the hotels; Internet access in just 10 rupees is also available near Delhi railway station
Hindi is another common language the locals speak.
- Avoid walking alone in the late evening hours, especially in deserted areas
- Avoid travelling during wee hours as you might face huge traffic, especially during weekdays.
- Beware of pickpocketers in local trains
- 100 - Police Control Room,
- 101 – Fire control room,
- 102 – Ambulance Helpline,
- 1099 – Centralised Accidents & Trauma Services,
- 1092 - Ambulance Helpline, Delhi;
- 1091 - Women’s Helpline
- If you are hiring a taxi via online, the fare comes at a much lower rate as compare to the ones waiting on the street. Hiring these road side taxis might make you extra for a short trip.
- Avoid going to the shops that your tourist guide might influence you to go for shopping.
Delhi Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Delhi. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Delhi trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Delhi
Private Taj Mahal Tour from Delhi by Express Train - All Inclusive
12 Hrs1020 Reviews
Old Delhi Food Tour
4 Hrs75 Reviews
Private Rishikesh and Haridwar Tour from Delhi
18 Hrs35 Reviews
Sanjay Colony Slum Tour
1 Hr 45 Mins246 Reviews
Golden Triangle 2-Day Tour to Agra and Jaipur from Delhi by Train