Chandni ChowkCurrently Closed
- Address: Chandni Chowk, Delhi, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Street Food, Streets
About Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Chandni Chowk is undoubtedly the heart and soul of Delhi. This area is a part of Old Delhi and the old walled city that existed in the past. The cultural milieu of Delhi is beautifully exhibited by Chandni Chowk thanks to the fact that several religions co-exist here in astonishing harmony. A number of places of worship of different religions can be found here side by side. It is a great idea to walk around and take in the sights and sounds of old Delhi in this place.
It is largely a bazaar area although it has many residents who have called it a home for generations. For the tourist, it is the perfect place to shop till they drop. The colorful clothes, bangles, accessories, books and pretty much everything under the sun is available here. It is the atmosphere that sets it apart from any other shopping area.
There is a variety of amazing Indian delicacies to choose from. Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian, savoury and sweet, every flavor is accounted for and the steaming “tavas” and eccentric hawkers make the food even more inviting. You will be spoilt for choice but be kind to your stomach if you can!
Chandni Chowk Information
- Closed on sundays but not all.
- Though there is always a festive atmosphere in Chandni Chowk but the real spirit can be seen during the festivals of Dussehra, Id-ul-fitr, Sikh, Jain and Christian festivals.
- Do spend some time exploring this area. It will surprise you.
- Do try out the chaat and Jalebi along with several other delicacies.
How To reach Chandni Chowk by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro Station: Chandni Chowk Metro Station
Restaurants Near Chandni Chowk
- John’s Place
- Neer Khazana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chandni Chowk
63.02% of people who visit Delhi include Chandni Chowk in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
30.26% of people start their Chandni Chowk visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chandni Chowk
90.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chandni Chowk
Chandni Chowk Sightseeing Tours
Chandni Chowk Culture & Theme Based Tours
Chandni Chowk Transfers & Transportation
Chandni Chowk Map
Chandni Chowk Trips
1 View20 Days 19 Nights20 Day Trip to Delhi, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Shimla,By: Maxine ZinckeCity: Delhi, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Shimla, Manali, Srinagar, Leh
Chandni Chowk, Delhi Reviews
All QuestionsChandni chowk
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows