Events and Festivals in Delhi, India
Events and Festivals in Delhi
The main festivals of the year both take place around October:
- Dussehra is a ten day long festival, celebrating the defeat of Ravana (a demon) by Ram, on the tenth day the structure of Ravana is symbolically destroyed.
- Diwali is the world famous ‘festival of lights’ and is a celebration infused with candle light, diyas (oil lamps) and fireworks.
- Other popular festivals include Lohri in winter (around January), Holi (festival of colours, in March), Baisakhi (Sikh New Year, in April) and the Mango festival (April to May).
- Delhi has a vibrant and trendy nightlife. Hot spots change constantly, a good way to keep up with the trends is in ‘Time Out New Delhi’ (a bi-monthly publication). Stand alone pubs and restaurants must close at midnight, but bars and night clubs in the larger hotels are popular, and stay open longer.
- For safety it is best to travel in groups, do not go into deserted areas at night, travel by registered cab and women especially should exercise caution.
Trip plans for Delhi
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Delhi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Delhi
Save 7%Private Tour: Day Trip to Agra from Delhi including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort 222 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs
Step back in time and discover the glory of the Mughal Empire of India on this private day trip to Agra from Delhi. See ancie...
Save 7%Red Fort Sound and Light Show in Delhi with Dinner and Private Transfer 34 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Relive the history of Delhi and the Mughal Empire during this spectacular sound and light show at the UNESCO World Heritage-l...
Save 7%Private Tour: Akshardham Temple and Spiritual Sites of South Delhi Including ISKCON Temple 12 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Journey to South Delhi with a private guide and driver for a 6-hour tour of four significant spiritual sites. Your tour start...
Krishna Janambhoomi & Holy Goverdhan Parikrama from Delhi New on TripHobo
Duration: 12 Hrs
Goverdhan Parikrama is to be started from Daan Ghati, Goverdhan. The distance of Parikrama is about 16 km radius ...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Vrindavan
- Events & Festivals in Fatehpur Sikri
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Lansdowne
- Events & Festivals in Dehradun
- Events & Festivals in Mussoorie
- Events & Festivals in Jaipur
- Events & Festivals in Chandigarh
- Events & Festivals in Nainital
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai
- Events & Festivals in Panaji
- Events & Festivals in Varanasi
- Events & Festivals in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Events & Festivals in Mavoor
- Events & Festivals in Nagalur