Events and Festivals in Delhi
The main festivals of the year both take place around October:
- Dussehra is a ten day long festival, celebrating the defeat of Ravana (a demon) by Ram, on the tenth day the structure of Ravana is symbolically destroyed.
- Diwali is the world famous ‘festival of lights’ and is a celebration infused with candle light, diyas (oil lamps) and fireworks.
- Other popular festivals include Lohri in winter (around January), Holi (festival of colours, in March), Baisakhi (Sikh New Year, in April) and the Mango festival (April to May).
- Delhi has a vibrant and trendy nightlife. Hot spots change constantly, a good way to keep up with the trends is in ‘Time Out New Delhi’ (a bi-monthly publication). Stand alone pubs and restaurants must close at midnight, but bars and night clubs in the larger hotels are popular, and stay open longer.
- For safety it is best to travel in groups, do not go into deserted areas at night, travel by registered cab and women especially should exercise caution.
Trip plans for Delhi
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Delhi
Delhi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Delhi
Save 7%Private Tour: Day Trip to Agra from Delhi including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort236 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs
Step back in time and discover the glory of the Mughal Empire of India on this private day trip to Agra from Delhi. See ancie...
Save 7%Red Fort Sound and Light Show in Delhi with Dinner and Private Transfer36 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Relive the history of Delhi and the Mughal Empire during this spectacular sound and light show at the UNESCO World Heritage-l...
Viator Exclusive: Private Taj Mahal and Agra Fort Tour, Dine with a View and Optional Photographer26 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Enjoy a high-class experience that combines a privately guided tour of the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort with dining at the 4-star ...Book Now
Save 7%Private Tour: Agra and the Taj Mahal Day Trip from Delhi59 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Marvel at the world's greatest monument to love, the Taj Mahal and magnificent Agra Fort on this unforgettable private tour. ...
- Events & Festivals in Mundka
- Events & Festivals in Vasant Kunj
- Events & Festivals in Bahadurgarh
- Events & Festivals in Alipur
- Events & Festivals in Gurgaon
- Events & Festivals in Vivek Vihar