Events and Festivals in Delhi
The main festivals of the year both take place around October:
- Dussehra is a ten day long festival, celebrating the defeat of Ravana (a demon) by Ram, on the tenth day the structure of Ravana is symbolically destroyed.
- Diwali is the world famous ‘festival of lights’ and is a celebration infused with candle light, diyas (oil lamps) and fireworks.
- Other popular festivals include Lohri in winter (around January), Holi (festival of colours, in March), Baisakhi (Sikh New Year, in April) and the Mango festival (April to May).
- Delhi has a vibrant and trendy nightlife. Hot spots change constantly, a good way to keep up with the trends is in ‘Time Out New Delhi’ (a bi-monthly publication). Stand alone pubs and restaurants must close at midnight, but bars and night clubs in the larger hotels are popular, and stay open longer.
- For safety it is best to travel in groups, do not go into deserted areas at night, travel by registered cab and women especially should exercise caution.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Delhi
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Delhi
Private Taj Mahal Tour from Delhi by Express Train - All Inclusive136 Reviews
Duration: 12 HrsBook Now
Old Delhi Food Tour73 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now
Private Rishikesh and Haridwar Tour from Delhi46 Reviews
Duration: 18 HrsBook Now
Old Delhi Half Day Small Group Tour124 Reviews
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now