How to Reach Delhi - The Easiest Way to Reach Delhi
HOW TO GET TO DELHI
- By air: Indira Gandhi International Airport is located on the west part of the city where all the flights coming to and from Delhi lands here. This airport is said to be one of the best airports in the world. From the airport, metros, taxis and buses are available to reach the center of the city.
- By car: Online car services are available in India that can take you to Delhi from any other city.
- By bus: People who are coming from Kathmandu and Chitwa in Nepal can take bus to reach Delhi.
- By train: If you are coming by train, you need to get down either at Delhi Junction, New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin station or Anand Vihar Terminal, according to your destination in the city. Both Delhi Junction and New Delhi station are well connected by Metro Line2.
HOW TO GET AROUND DELHI
- By metro: This is the most convenient mode of the transport in Delhi. The Delhi Metro network is fast, inexpensive and is spread all over the city. Some of the important metro lines are - Red Line: Dilshad Garden – Rithala; Yellow Line: Jahangirpuri - HUDA City Centre, Gurgaon; Blue Line: Dwarka Sector 21 - Vaishali/ - Noida City Centre; Green Line: Inderlok – Mundka; Violet Line: ITO - Badarpur Border; Airport Express: New Delhi Railway Station - Airport – Dwarka
- By local train: Local trains are also available for communication within Delhi.
- By bus: Government run DTC buses and private run cluster buses are there in all parts of Delhi.
- Hop on Hop Off: Hop on Hop Off (HOHO) buses are provided by Delhi Tourism that can take you to the popular tourist sights in the city.
- By taxis: Private taxis are available for traveling around the city
- By auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws(or tuk tuk) run on meters are available for shorter trip.
- By cycle rickshaws: Three wheeled cycle rickshaws are there
- On foot: You can walk around the city to explore its tourist sights.
Are you looking for a Delhi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Delhi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Delhi. The most preferred mode of transport in Delhi is Car.
Average distance: 21.1 km Average time: 56.82 min
Car 54.79%Driving 58.4 min Walking 1.19 min Bike 0.06 min Overall average time for 23.6 kms 59.65 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8.22%Bus 43.17 min Walking 10.92 min Waiting 5.08 min Train 2.67 min Tram 0.42 min Other 0.17 min Overall average time for 19.23 kms 62.42 min
Walking 6.16%Walking 23.89 min Train 6.39 min Motorbike 2.22 min Bus 1.89 min Waiting 1.56 min Driving 1.11 min Overall average time for 7.57 kms 37.06 min
Train/Metro 15.75%Train 39.43 min Walking 7.96 min Waiting 4.83 min Other 2.61 min Bus 0.91 min Overall average time for 20.37 kms 55.74 min
Bike 7.53%Bike 33.91 min Walking 2.27 min Waiting 0.91 min Overall average time for 16.41 kms 37.09 min
Motorbike 2.05%Motorbike 88.67 min Walking 9.33 min Overall average time for 25 kms 98 min
How to Reach Delhi from Nearby Cities
|Mundka to Delhi||6.27 km||6 mins|
|Sonepat to Delhi||7.03 km||7 mins|
|Haryana Plywood to Delhi||11.65 km||11 mins|
|New Delhi to Delhi||16.75 km||33 mins|
|Gurgaon to Delhi||32.72 km||47 mins|
|Muradnagar to Delhi||45.6 km||45 mins|
|Greater Noida to Delhi||46.11 km||46 mins|
|Dadri to Delhi||51.42 km||51 mins|
- How to reach Vrindavan
- How to reach Fatehpur Sikri
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Lansdowne
- How to reach Dehradun
- How to reach Mussoorie
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Chandigarh
- How to reach Nainital
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Panaji
- How to reach Varanasi