How to Reach Delhi, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Delhi
HOW TO GET TO DELHI
- By air: Indira Gandhi International Airport is located on the west part of the city where all the flights coming to and from Delhi lands here. This airport is said to be one of the best airports in the world. From the airport, metros, taxis and buses are available to reach the center of the city.
- By car: Online car services are available in India that can take you to Delhi from any other city.
- By bus: People who are coming from Kathmandu and Chitwa in Nepal can take bus to reach Delhi.
- By train: If you are coming by train, you need to get down either at Delhi Junction, New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin station or Anand Vihar Terminal, according to your destination in the city. Both Delhi Junction and New Delhi station are well connected by Metro Line2.
HOW TO GET AROUND DELHI
- By metro: This is the most convenient mode of the transport in Delhi. The Delhi Metro network is fast, inexpensive and is spread all over the city. Some of the important metro lines are - Red Line: Dilshad Garden – Rithala; Yellow Line: Jahangirpuri - HUDA City Centre, Gurgaon; Blue Line: Dwarka Sector 21 - Vaishali/ - Noida City Centre; Green Line: Inderlok – Mundka; Violet Line: ITO - Badarpur Border; Airport Express: New Delhi Railway Station - Airport – Dwarka
- By local train: Local trains are also available for communication within Delhi.
- By bus: Government run DTC buses and private run cluster buses are there in all parts of Delhi.
- Hop on Hop Off: Hop on Hop Off (HOHO) buses are provided by Delhi Tourism that can take you to the popular tourist sights in the city.
- By taxis: Private taxis are available for traveling around the city
- By auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws(or tuk tuk) run on meters are available for shorter trip.
- By cycle rickshaws: Three wheeled cycle rickshaws are there
- On foot: You can walk around the city to explore its tourist sights.
Are you looking for a Delhi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Delhi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Delhi. The most preferred mode of transport in Delhi is Car.
Average distance: 20.61 km Average time: 56.34 min
Car 56%Driving 59.1 min Walking 0.9 min Bike 0.07 min Overall average time for 23.07 kms 60.07 min
Bike 8%Bike 32.8 min Walking 2.5 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 15.55 kms 36.3 min
Walking 4.8%Walking 24.17 min Train 4.58 min Motorbike 3.33 min Driving 1.67 min Waiting 1.5 min Bus 1.17 min Overall average time for 6.43 kms 36.42 min
Train/Metro 16%Train 35.85 min Walking 8.4 min Waiting 4.8 min Other 2.25 min Bus 0.65 min Overall average time for 18.82 kms 51.95 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8%Bus 40.8 min Walking 12.1 min Waiting 5.6 min Train 3.2 min Tram 0.5 min Other 0.2 min Overall average time for 19.38 kms 62.4 min
Motorbike 0.8%Motorbike 116 min Walking 23 min Overall average time for 30 kms 139 min
How to Reach Delhi from Nearby Cities
|Gurgaon to Delhi||32.72 km||47 mins|
|Agra to Delhi||195.31 km||1 hour 57 mins|
|Chandigarh to Delhi||244.15 km||3 hours 25 mins|
|Jaipur to Delhi||250.04 km||2 hours 29 mins|
|Dehradun to Delhi||304.35 km||5 hours 50 mins|
|Nainital to Delhi||329.6 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Shimla to Delhi||359.84 km||2 hours 45 mins|
- How to reach Vrindavan
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Lansdowne
- How to reach Dehradun
- How to reach Mussoorie
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Panaji
- How to reach Varanasi
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami