How to Reach Delhi
The Easiest Way to Reach Delhi
HOW TO GET TO DELHI
- By air: Indira Gandhi International Airport is located on the west part of the city where all the flights coming to and from Delhi lands here. This airport is said to be one of the best airports in the world. From the airport, metros, taxis and buses are available to reach the center of the city.
- By car: Online car services are available in India that can take you to Delhi from any other city.
- By bus: People who are coming from Kathmandu and Chitwa in Nepal can take bus to reach Delhi.
- By train: If you are coming by train, you need to get down either at Delhi Junction, New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin station or Anand Vihar Terminal, according to your destination in the city. Both Delhi Junction and New Delhi station are well connected by Metro Line2.
HOW TO GET AROUND DELHI
- By metro: This is the most convenient mode of the transport in Delhi. The Delhi Metro network is fast, inexpensive and is spread all over the city. Some of the important metro lines are - Red Line: Dilshad Garden – Rithala; Yellow Line: Jahangirpuri - HUDA City Centre, Gurgaon; Blue Line: Dwarka Sector 21 - Vaishali/ - Noida City Centre; Green Line: Inderlok – Mundka; Violet Line: ITO - Badarpur Border; Airport Express: New Delhi Railway Station - Airport – Dwarka
- By local train: Local trains are also available for communication within Delhi.
- By bus: Government run DTC buses and private run cluster buses are there in all parts of Delhi.
- Hop on Hop Off: Hop on Hop Off (HOHO) buses are provided by Delhi Tourism that can take you to the popular tourist sights in the city.
- By taxis: Private taxis are available for traveling around the city
- By auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws(or tuk tuk) run on meters are available for shorter trip.
- By cycle rickshaws: Three wheeled cycle rickshaws are there
- On foot: You can walk around the city to explore its tourist sights.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Delhi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Delhi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Delhi. The most preferred mode of transport in Delhi is Car.
Average distance: 20.89 km Average time: 55.75 min
Car 58.26%Driving 60.55 min Walking 0.93 min Bike 0.07 min Overall average time for 23.61 kms 61.55 min
Bike 6.96%Bike 31.63 min Waiting 1.25 min Walking 0.63 min Overall average time for 16.31 kms 33.5 min
Walking 5.22%Walking 24.17 min Train 4.58 min Motorbike 3.33 min Driving 1.67 min Waiting 1.5 min Bus 1.17 min Overall average time for 6.43 kms 36.42 min
Train/Metro 15.65%Train 36.28 min Walking 8.22 min Waiting 5 min Other 2.5 min Bus 0.28 min Overall average time for 18.52 kms 52.28 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.96%Bus 34.75 min Walking 7.63 min Train 4 min Waiting 3.88 min Tram 0.63 min Other 0.25 min Overall average time for 18.6 kms 51.13 min
- How to reach Cities Near Delhi
- How to reach Kiraoli
- How to reach Bhaklana
- How to reach Bara Uchana
- How to reach Jaspur
- How to reach Thana
- How to reach Goniana
- How to reach Mehrauli
- How to reach Mundka
- How to reach Patparganj
- How to reach Harsoli
- How to reach Doraha
- How to reach Indok
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Seremban
- How to reach Bid
- How to reach Amravati
- How to reach Shenyang
- How to reach Brighton
- How to reach Basti
- How to reach Metz
- How to reach St. Johns
- How to reach Bacolod
- How to reach Hermosillo