Jantar Mantar4701 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sansad Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9111-23365358
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Jantar Mantar is an interesting historical complex to visit which introduces us to the earlier forms of astronomical studies in India. There are 13star gazing instruments present at this place. Built during the reign of Maharaja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, from 1724 onwards, the monument is a reminder of ancient astronomy and engineering. There was some confusion and controversy about the exact period when the Jantar Mantar was built but it was resolved by historians recently.
The rajah had set up 5 such observatories all over India. The role of the observatory was to order cosmic tables, and to foresee the times and developments of the sun, moon and planets. Unfortunately, the observatory can no longer be used due to the tall buildings that surround it. This amazing structure is as rare as it is beautiful and there are plans to try and restore it to its original functioning self. It is an intriguing tourist site. Just image how people in the 1700s were capable of setting up such instruments and actually used them for navigation!
One of Delhi’s most popular attractions, the Janatar Mantar is flocked to by locals as well as non-local visitors. For a very long while now, Jantar Mantar Tickets have been at the best nominal. However, if you wish to club this with some nearby attractions, you can save more on Tickets for Jantar Mantar. To do so buy tickets for Jantar Mantar from our tickets section as we guarantee some really good Jantar Mantar ticket prices.
Jantar Mantar Travel Tips
- Visit in the mornings and evenings specially when shadows falls.
- Altogether, between the years from 1727 to 1734, Jai Singh II had constructed five comparative observatories or Jantar Mantars in west India. All being known by the same name, this subsequently includes the ones at Jaipur-named as Yantra Mantra (Jaipur), and those at Ujjain, Mathura and Varanasi.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jantar Mantar
- Rs. 200 for foreigners
How to Reach Jantar Mantar
- Nearest Metro station: Patel Chowk Metro Station
- Hotel Akash
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.11% of people who visit Delhi include Jantar Mantar in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
39.87% of people start their Jantar Mantar visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jantar Mantar
94.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jantar Mantar