Jantar MantarCurrently Closed
- Address: Sansad Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9111-23365358
- Ticket Price: 15 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Jantar Mantar - Review
The Jantar Mantar is an interesting historical complex to visit which introduces us to the earlier forms of astronomical studies in India. There are 13star gazing instruments present at this place. Built during the reign of Maharaja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, from 1724 onwards, the monument is a reminder of ancient astronomy and engineering. There was some confusion and controversy about the exact period when the Jantar Mantar was built but it was resolved by historians recently.
The rajah had set up 5 such observatories all over India. The role of the observatory was to order cosmic tables, and to foresee the times and developments of the sun, moon and planets. Unfortunately, the observatory can no longer be used due to the tall buildings that surround it. This amazing structure is as rare as it is beautiful and there are plans to try and restore it to its original functioning self. It is an intriguing tourist site. Just image how people in the 1700s were capable of setting up such instruments and actually used them for navigation!
One of Delhi’s most popular attractions, the Janatar Mantar is flocked to by locals as well as non-local visitors. For a very long while now, Jantar Mantar Tickets have been at the best nominal. However, if you wish to club this with some nearby attractions, you can save more on Tickets for Jantar Mantar. To do so buy tickets for Jantar Mantar from our tickets section as we guarantee some really good Jantar Mantar ticket prices.
Jantar Mantar Information
- Visit in the mornings and evenings specially when shadows falls.
- Altogether, between the years from 1727 to 1734, Jai Singh II had constructed five comparative observatories or Jantar Mantars in west India. All being known by the same name, this subsequently includes the ones at Jaipur-named as Yantra Mantra (Jaipur), and those at Ujjain, Mathura and Varanasi.
Jantar Mantar Ticket Prices
- Rs. 200 for foreigners
How To reach Jantar Mantar by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro station: Patel Chowk Metro Station
Restaurants Near Jantar Mantar
- Hotel Akash
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jantar Mantar
91.91% of people who visit Delhi include Jantar Mantar in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
35.11% of people start their Jantar Mantar visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jantar Mantar
92.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jantar Mantar
Jantar Mantar Map
Jantar Mantar Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Agra, Delhi, Jaipur, Varanasi, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur from San MateoBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Delhi, Varanasi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer
Jantar Mantar, Delhi Reviews
IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN ABOUT HISTORY AND MATHEMATICS.
Great place to learn about Indian history and mathematics practically. Rife with couples making out in the most absurdist places though.
ancient architecture which has historical value
Very good place to visit historical monument....
All QuestionsJantar mantar
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal