Lodi Gardens, DelhiCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Lodi Gardens Rd, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9111-24640079
- Ticket Price: 80 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Garden, Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
About Lodi Gardens, Delhi
The Lodi Gardens is a famous recreational park in Delhi, India. It is spread in an area of 90 sections of land measuring to 360,000 square metres. The heritage Garden premises houses the tombs of Mohammed Shah, Sikander Lodi, along with the Sheesh Gumbad and Bara Gumbad. The architectural premises are adorned with the design works of the fifteenth century Sayyid and Lodis, who belonged to the Pashtun line which controlled much of Northern India throughout the era of the sixteenth century. As there had been minimal structural planning from these two periods in India, Lodi Gardens was regarded a critical place for safeguarding. The site is presently secured and preserved by the Archeological Survey of India. The garden premises had been arranged between the extents of the Khan Market and the Safdarjung's Tomb situated on the Lodi Road. The garden is viewed as a wonderful and characteristic recreational reflection of the Mughals. It is also used as a much favoured venue for the morning strolls of the Delhiites.
Explore India in just 2 weeks with best guide 2 Weeks in India Itinerary
Lodi Gardens Information
- Children will enjoy Lodi Gardens as there is ample space for them to run around, play and enjoy themselves.
- It contain the National Bonsai Park, which is home to a wide variety miniature tress.
- The best time to visit is around sunset when the sunlight is mellow and the tombs are beautifully lit up.
- The tomb of Mohammed Shah is unmistakably recognized from the street, and is the earliest build among the structures in the garden.
- The building design is highlighted and characterised by the octagonal courtroom, bearing stone chhajjas on the top and guldastas upon the corners.
How To reach Lodi Gardens by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro station: Central Secretariat Metro station.
Restaurants Near Lodi Gardens
- Stock’s Food
- Gold Restaurant
- Cafe Sauz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Lodi Gardens, Delhi Reviews
Very nice place to get fresh air especially in winters when you can have a family picnic. Best part is that the crowd is good and people generally nice. This place has many old monuments where one can get clicked but be warned, video making is not allowed. I wish lived closure to this beauty.
This place is figuratively heaven. Just heaven. If you love nature, you will instantly fall in love with this place. I travelled 7+ monuments and historical places in one day and this was more mesmerizing than all of them. You should visit this at least once every month. Place is kinda popular for couples as it offers a lot of stuff for an amazing date. You'll be amazed to see that places like this exist and are available for you to visit any time.
Had an amazing time visiting this historic place. It is beautiful and peaceful. Really good for walkers. They have benches under trees which give you the most peaceful and soothing experience. Kids and family friendly. Just bring out your picnic stuff and enjoy.
It's beautiful to spend time here with family and friends, at this lush green and serene garden with reminiscences of the historic Lodhi era. This place is amongst the best walking and picnic spots in New Delhi. It's a phenomenally huge garden and also has a water front with beautiful ducks. The garden get's crowded on national holidays so reach early to grab a good picnic spot.
Nice, but don't expect anything else except gardens. No food shops nearby, just some stalls outside the garden for light food. Also, no drinking water available. Although, there is a water machine but you need to have a water bottle for that. Good place to spend some quality time