Lodi GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Lodi Gardens Rd, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9111-24640079
- Ticket Price: 80 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Garden, Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
Lodi Gardens - Review
The Lodi Gardens is a famous recreational park in Delhi, India. It is spread in an area of 90 sections of land measuring to 360,000 square metres. The heritage Garden premises houses the tombs of Mohammed Shah, Sikander Lodi, along with the Sheesh Gumbad and Bara Gumbad. The architectural premises are adorned with the design works of the fifteenth century Sayyid and Lodis, who belonged to the Pashtun line which controlled much of Northern India throughout the era of the sixteenth century. As there had been minimal structural planning from these two periods in India, Lodi Gardens was regarded a critical place for safeguarding. The site is presently secured and preserved by the Archeological Survey of India. The garden premises had been arranged between the extents of the Khan Market and the Safdarjung's Tomb situated on the Lodi Road. The garden is viewed as a wonderful and characteristic recreational reflection of the Mughals. It is also used as a much favoured venue for the morning strolls of the Delhiites.
Explore India in just 2 weeks with best guide 2 Weeks in India Itinerary
Lodi Gardens Information
- Children will enjoy Lodi Gardens as there is ample space for them to run around, play and enjoy themselves.
- It contain the National Bonsai Park, which is home to a wide variety miniature tress.
- The best time to visit is around sunset when the sunlight is mellow and the tombs are beautifully lit up.
- The tomb of Mohammed Shah is unmistakably recognized from the street, and is the earliest build among the structures in the garden.
- The building design is highlighted and characterised by the octagonal courtroom, bearing stone chhajjas on the top and guldastas upon the corners.
How To reach Lodi Gardens by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro station: Central Secretariat Metro station.
Restaurants Near Lodi Gardens
- Stock’s Food
- Gold Restaurant
- Cafe Sauz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lodi Gardens
95% of people who visit Delhi include Lodi Gardens in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
42.96% of people start their Lodi Gardens visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lodi Gardens
93.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lodi Gardens
Lodi Gardens Map
Lodi Gardens Trips
Lodi Gardens, Delhi Reviews
Loved the greenery and the ambiance here. Are is full of trees and wide open spaces for a perfect picnic or a day out. People who go to India Gate lawns, should rather visit here for a perfect family outing. You get a good mix of heritage and nature here. Great spots for clicking some good pictures. A must visit if you are in Delhi.
I love this place. I've been visiting Lodhi Garden for the last so many years. Love to be there first up in the morning. Full of fresh oxygen for lungs, greenery, enthusiastic participants, chirping of birds and fountains are few of the things very close to my heart. It's my garden. Love this!!
Lodhi Garden! Is beautiful place to visit for enjoy. There are big gardens for enjoying some time with your family friends and kids. This historical place and that’s is very old place. Some small crowded, nice green fields with many more trees. It's great place if you want come along with your family and enjoy.
This one of the most prominent and well maintained gardens in Delhi. It is also home to tombs of the rulers of the Lodhi Dynasty. The tombs are a fine structure of Lodhi period. You will also find a beautiful pond in here, with white swans in it. This place is ideal to visit during evening and morning. It does close before sunset. Must visit if you want to gaze around the garden and see the spectacular tombs of the Lodhi times.
Superb place to chill out with your families and friends. Also good for picnic and jogging there is so many long landscape area to play some kind of game like Badminton cricket and many more outdoor activities . Monument is also there but that all is in renovating continue and . Water fountain is also impressive . Duck farm is just inside of water fountain. Most important thing. * Water dispensing booth is there by NDMC use 1rs old coin and drink pure and cold water...
All QuestionsLodi gardens
- Bahnhof Drosendorf Bahnhöfe
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum- Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling