The National Rail Museum is a favorite attraction with the kids! Housing a collection of over 100 real size exhibits of Indian railways, this extraordinary museum tries to educate the people regarding the history of railways in India. The exhibits here include: Static and working models, signaling equipments, antique furnitures, historical photographs and related literature etc.
Some of the points of attraction here are:
- There is line-up of old coaches that includes the handsome Prince of Wales Saloon, built in 1875.
- Another great attraction is the Maharaja of Mysore's Saloon that was built in 1899 with its brocade covered chairs and an elegant rosewood bed.
- Another center of attraction is the Fairy Queen, built in 1855 which is considered to be one of the best preserved steam locomotive engines of her age.
- Besides just looking at these historic trains, the children can also have fun in joy train and mono rail (PSMT) here.
One of the prime attractions for children in Delhi, National Rail Museum offers a fun experience along with education. National Rail museum tickets are always in demand. Thus, to avoid any hassles to get tickets for National Rail Museum, book a tour and stay relaxed. As you buy tickets for National Rail Musuem, you get an advantage of easy access. Don’t worry! National Rail Museum ticket prices come at slashed prices for you.
Stay in touch and book tickets for National Rail Museum with us for the best deals.
National Rail Museum Travel Tips
- The rail museum is an amalgamation of rare steam locomotives, historical pictures, railway artifacts that are displayed along with some static and working models of a wide variety of trains in India.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Rail Museum
- Toy train ride: Rs. 20
How to Reach National Rail Museum
- By Metro: Nearest Metro station: Dhaula Kuan Metro Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.69% of people who visit Delhi include National Rail Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.56% of people start their National Rail Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see National Rail Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Rail Museum
National Rail Museum Reviews & Ratings
What is the price in ruppes??????????Answer Report Abuse
It is INR 50 per head for adults. But on weekends and public holidays, it is INR 100.Report Abuse