Raj Ghat7739 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Behind Red Fort, Gandhi Smriti, Raj Ghat, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India Map
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9111-23363607
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Memorial, Architecture
Raj Ghat is the name given to the memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, the great leader who is known as the father of the Nation in India. However, there are several memorials dedicated to other leaders also present in the same complex called as Raj Ghat.
Memorials of Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi as well as others can be found here. The memorial to Rajiv Gandhi is perhaps the most interesting construction. The memorial of Mahatma Gandhi also marks the spot where he was cremated. Each of these people and the memorials are important to the political background of India and hence it is a site of tremendous solemnity. Right across the road from Gandhi’s memorial you will also find the Gandhi museum if you wish to know more about this great leader of India.
Any visit to Delhi is incomplete without a visit to the famous Raj Ghat. Since many people flock in order to see this attraction, getting Raj Ghat tickets is always difficult. For your comfort, just buy tickets for Raj Ghat tours with us and get to know the history and significance of this place better. Tickets for Raj Ghat are also available at the counter, however, this deals offers you the added advantage of guidance and early access. You can very easily check Raj Ghat ticket prices in our tickets section and go for the booking!
Raj Ghat Travel Tips
- It interprets to King's Bank, where King introduces the criticalness of the site upon the bank of river Yamuna.
- Some different samadhis or cremation spots of numerous extremely popular guides and personalities could be discovered in the vicinity of Raj Ghat.
How to Reach Raj Ghat
- Nearest Metro Station: Chandni Chowk Metro Station
- Cafe Astra
- Shahi Raaj
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Raj Ghat Address: Behind Red Fort, Gandhi Smriti, Raj Ghat, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
- Raj Ghat Contact Number: +9111-23363607
- Raj Ghat Timing: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Raj Ghat(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Raj Ghat: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
46.31% of people who visit Delhi include Raj Ghat in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
44.54% of people start their Raj Ghat visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Raj Ghat
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Raj Ghat
People normally club together Jama Masjid and India Gate And Rajpath while planning their visit to Raj Ghat.