Red Fort, Delhi
Red Fort, Delhi - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Netaji Subhash Rd, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Ticket Price: 10 INR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 82K times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Red Fort, Delhi
The Red Fort is a beautiful fort complex that is in many ways symbolic of the splendor of Delhi and its Moughal history. Shah Jahan the Great Moughal emperor gave the fort its present prestigious position when he shifted his capital from Agra to Delhi at the Red fort. Apart from its Mughal history for which this fort is famous for, the Red Fort is of extreme value to Independent India as it hosted the first speech of Independence by Jawahar Lal Nehru here.
The sandstone walls give it its distinctive red color and it its name; the Lal Qilah or Red Fort. But the fort isn’t just one building but a complex of a various sections and palaces that render it a grandeur that isn’t easily paralleled by other historical buildings in India. The buildings are quite grand and striking and the interiors feature very intricate and ornate art work that leaves tourists mesmerized. Although it isn’t in its former glory but the fort is still quite beautiful. The fort stands on the Yamuna River which left it with a perfect strategic location in the old times. Today its location gives it a sense of exquisiteness and makes you forget that a busy city exists right outside. There is also a beautiful music and sound show that is put up every evening. The show is certainly worth a watch or maybe two!
Explore India in just 2 weeks with best guide India Itinerary 2 Weeks
Red Fort Information
- The timings for the light and sound show is 6:00 pm onwards.
- It was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007.
Red Fort Ticket Prices
- Rs.10 for Indians and Rs.250 for foreigners.
- Ticket price for the Light Show- INR 60 on weekdays and INR 80 on weekends.
How To reach Red Fort by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro station: Red Fort
Restaurants Near Red Fort
- Al Jawahar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Red Fort Food & Nightlife Tours
Red Fort Sightseeing Tours
Red Fort Tickets & Passes
Red Fort Culture & Theme Based Tours
Red Fort, Delhi Reviews
- Upcoming Attractions in Delhi
- Hotel Pullman New Delhi Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Select Citywalk Mall
- Dlf Place Saket
- Udhav Palace
- Holiday Inn Express New Delhi Int'l Airport T3
- Kempinski Ambience Hotel
- Friends Colony East
- Indira Gandhi International Airport T3
- Hotel Hari Piorko
- Stops Hostel Delhi
- Attractions on TripHobo
- Glennville United Methodist
- North Berwick Rod & Gun Club
- Northside Baptist Church
- Iglesia De La Purisima
- Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias
- Winzerhof Sigl
- 500.000 Legifoto
- Catedral De San Juan Bautista
- Centro Cultural Islamico De Albacete
- Parque Infantil Detrafico De Albacete