Salim Garh FortCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Salim Garh Fort - Review
The Salim garh fort belongs to the brief pause in the Mughal Rule in India. Sher Shah Suri who ruled Delhi then, had it built on an island that existed in the Yamuna river at that point of time. The fort is polygonal in shape and has rough looking brick walls. It is interesting to compare the architecture of Suri’s time with that from the time of the Mughal emperors. It is quite easy to tell the two apart.
The prisons of the Salim Garh fort are of special later historical importance. Although the fort had been used as a prison since the rule of Aurangzeb, it was its use in the British India that has made it memorable. Several political prisoners from India’s freedom struggle had been kept there. As a result, the prisons have been converted into a tribute to these brave souls who stood up to the tyrannical rule of those times.
Do visit it for its rustic beauty and for its distinctiveness from other forts in Delhi. History and architecture lovers will love to study it.
Salim Garh Fort Information
- Chandani Chowk and Red fort are not far from this attraction so to check those out too.
How To reach Salim Garh Fort by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station- Old Delhi Railway Station
- Nearest Metro Station- Kashmiri Gate
- Functional Metro Station- Kashmiri Gate
Restaurants Near Salim Garh Fort
- Al Karim
- Jawahar Court
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delhi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delhi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Salim Garh Fort
15% of people who visit Delhi include Salim Garh Fort in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
23.87% of people start their Salim Garh Fort visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Salim Garh Fort
85.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Salim Garh Fort
Salim Garh Fort Map
Salim Garh Fort Trips
Salim Garh Fort, Delhi Reviews
All QuestionsSalim garh fort
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa