Are you looking for what to do in Delhi?
PLACES TO SEE
- The National Museum: It offers a variety of ancient and modern displays, including both Indian and foreign art, archaeology, antiquities, photography and more.
- The Baha i House of Worship: It is a majestic temple which attracts many visitors. Built in a Lotus shape and surrounded by pristine grounds, it is truly a sight to see. You can visit between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm/7:00 pm daily (closed on Monday).
- The Red Fort (now a monument): It was built under the Mughal emperors in 1638, to keep out enemies. It hosts a nightly Sound and Light show (times vary month to month). You can find the fort opposite Chandni Chowk in Old Delhi.
- Jama Masjid: Admire the brilliant architectural work of Jama Masjid, the famous Place of Prayer of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan which is nearly two century old.
- Qutub Minar: Visit the iconic tallest tower of Delhi, the first construction of Mughal dynasty.
- Lotus Temple: If you are looking for an ideal example of modern architecture, visit lotus temple. This temple is built in a shape of an enormous lotus.
- Lodi Gardens: It is the heritage Garden of Delhi, covering nearly 36,000 square meter area.
- Chandni Chowk: The ultimate destination for shopaholics. Right from food to clothing, this region is filled with innumerable options to look forward.
- Humanyun Tomb: If you are wondering from where the Muhgal architecture has got the grandiose structure, visit Humanyun Tomb.
- Jantar Mantar: This is the best example of learning ancient engineering and astronomy.
Below we have a list of things to do in Delhi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Delhi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Delhi with confidence.