Delphi Archaeological Museum, DelphiCurrently Open
- Address: Delphi Archaeological Museum,Delphi, Greece
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2265082312
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
About Delphi Archaeological Museum, Delphi
One of Greece’s most important museums, it houses and cares for the finds made in the pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi. Its fourteen rooms on two floors display mainly elements of sculpture, architecture, decorations, precious offerings, friezes, facades, metopes, bronze works, and other miscellaneous artefacts.
The first museum was founded in 1903 to celebrate the end of the initial round of excavations. The museum you see today was opened at the beginning of the millennium, at the hundredth year of its founding.
Delphi Archaeological Museum Ticket Prices
- EUR 3 for reduced categories.
- Free admission on 6 March, 5 June,18 April, 18 May , The last weekend of September, every first Sunday from November 1st to March 31st 27 September, 28 October.
- Free for carers of blind/disabled; under 18s.
Delphi Archaeological Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- April – October (summer) : Last admission – 7:40pm
How To reach Delphi Archaeological Museum by Public Transport
- You can walk to here.
- Take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Delphi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delphi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Delphi Archaeological Museum, Delphi Reviews
The museum houses an impressive collection associated with ancient Delphi, including the earliest known notation of a melody, the famous Charioteer, golden treasures discovered beneath the Sacred Way, and fragments of reliefs from the Siphnian Treasury.
Great. A world class must see.
Probably the most fascinating ancient city after Pompei. Totally worth the visit. A guide would very much suggested though.
Wonderful archeological site! Lots of steps and incline climbing but worth it. Very hot - bring water. Enjoy the spectacular views!
Very good museum with very well preserved Greek ancient things with proper documentation
All Questionsdelphi archaeological museum
- Attractions near Delphi Archaeological Museum
- The Treasury Of Athens