Ruins Of DelphiCurrently Open
- Address: Delphi , Greece Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2265082312
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
From the main entrance at Delphi, you walk along the Sacred Way. You’ll see the following most important sights:
- The Doric Temple of Apollo: This is at the very centre of Delphi. It was where Pythia, the famous oracle, resided, and from where she’d speak her prophesies that were to be translated by priests.
- The Theatre: Built in the 4th century BC.
- Treasuries: Votive statues and treasuries were built to thank the Oracle for her advice. The Athenina Treasury is the most famous, built in thanks for and in memory of Athenians' victory at the Battle of Marathon in 490 BC. Other treasuries are from the Sikyonians, the Boeotians, the Thebans, the Argives, and the Siphnians.
- Altar of the Chians: Blac marble altar built and paid for by Chios.
- Stoa of the Athenians: A beautiful portico built to house the Athenian war trophies acquire by defeated the Persian navies.
- Sibyl rock: Where ancient prophetesses before Pythia delivered their prophecies from.
- Theatre: With great views of the sanctuary and the valley, it could seat 5000 spectators.
- Tholos: A circular building of 20 Doric columns.
- Gymnasium: Consisted of a stoa, a palaestra (wrestling ring), a pool and a bath. The waters were supposed to have miraculous healing powers.
- There were also many statues all around the site, mostly athletic, such as the Charioteer of Delphi (now housed in the museum), and the statues of Kleobis and Biton.
Ruins Of Delphi Travel Tips
- Sources about opening hours are inconsistent; please call ahead to verify visiting times.
Ruins Of Delphi Hours
- EUR 5 for reduced categories. Ask to see if you apply.
How to Reach Ruins Of Delphi
- You can walk to the ruins from the town.
- Take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Delphi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Delphi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ruins Of Delphi Address: Delphi , Greece
- Ruins Of Delphi Contact Number: +30-2265082312
- Ruins Of Delphi Timing: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Ruins Of Delphi Price: 9 EUR
- Best time to visit Ruins Of Delphi(preferred time): 08:30 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ruins Of Delphi: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
80.46% of people who visit Delphi include Ruins Of Delphi in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.01% of people start their Ruins Of Delphi visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Ruins Of Delphi
92.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruins Of Delphi
People normally club together Iniohos and Temple Of Apollo while planning their visit to Ruins Of Delphi.
People also prefer to start their day with Ruins Of Delphi.
Ruins Of Delphi Reviews & Ratings
are there any covid restrictions to visit Delphi as a foreignerAnswer Report Abuse