Visit Denver - Best of Denver
Welcome to the Mile High City! The City gets its nickname from the fact that you reach a mile higher when you climb above the 13th floor of the State Capitol Building – the true mark was planted by the Governor at that time, Bill Owens – after the final attempt made by students of Metropolitan State College of Denver.
Denver’s history might lie in mining and ranching but the town’s performing arts, museums, festivals and a thriving LGBT scene are some of the main reasons of ever increasing travel to the City! The city is growing so fast, its infrastructure is barely managing to keep up.
- REASONS TO VISIT DENVER: No, The new marijuana legislature isn’t the only reason to visit Colorado!
- THE ROCKIES: These majestic mountain soar over the city horizons and some of the city’s best hangouts are spots from where these beauties are visible in all their grand vistas. And don’t even think of missing out on the terrific Rocky Mountain National Park.
- BEER: Called the “Napa Valley of Beer”, any hour is beer o’clock in the city. Denver famously brews eighty different types of beer and naturally, this is one of its biggest tourist draws.
- MUSEUMS: A thriving art scene makes Denver a flame for impassioned moths of all kinds. The Denver Art Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Denver Museum of nature and Science are only a small sample of the incredible exhibitions within this city.
Grab a copy of Denver guide from the tourist office located at 1575 California Street and get out and about – that is the only and best way to explore the City and its magnificent attractions! Each one of you should visit Denver at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Denver.
Denver Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Denver tips for your visit
- Denver Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Electricity: US uses 110 Volts, 60 Hz alternating current as power. Plug sockets have ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type A) and grounded 3 pin connections (Type B)
- Languages: Majority of the people in United States speak English.
- Internet: 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in almost every hotel in the city. The city also has public Wi-Fi in some areas.
- Security: Police: 911, Ambulance: 911, Fire: 911
- Tipping: Tipping is voluntary in the city. However, if you wish to tip, the servers should be tipped 15%-20% of the bill; taxi drivers 15% of the bill and doormen, skycaps and porters $1 per bag.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Before your trip to Denver, and while you are here, drinking plenty of water is the number one way to help your body adjust easily to our higher altitude of Denver.
- Sun Valley (the projects on Federal and Colfax), Montbello (gang neighbourhood), Far north side Denver, East Colfax/N. Aurora (11th to 40th and Tamarac to Chambers), SW Denver (Westwood, Ruby Hill), Sheridan Blvd, Cole and Clayton (Gang problems and violent crime), are the unsafe areas and must be avoided post 9 PM.
- Do not litter. Littering is banned in Thailand and can often lead to a fine or even imprisonment.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Denver and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Denver- Know before you go to Denver
Facts and Stats for Denver*
Pollution Statistics in Denver
Know the pollution level of Denver before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 43.64 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 33.82 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 46.08 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 33.33 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 22.6 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 20.5 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 31.25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 18.63 (Very Low)
Denver: Crime and Safety
How safe is Denver for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Denver.
Burglary and Theft 31.16 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 25.71 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 38.36 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 33.57 (Low)
Car Stealing 30.14 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 42.12 (Moderate)
Attacks 28.77 (Low)
Drug offense 53.77 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 80.28 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 50 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 33.9 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 25.35 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 45.77 (Moderate)
Living in Denver - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Denver is 170.92 (Very High)
Safety Index 62.08 (High)
Climate Index 56.89 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 41.34 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 37.08 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 77.34 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 68.33 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 4.49 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 129.76 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Denver
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Denver
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 30.28 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 76.09 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 44.26 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Denver Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Denver
Denver Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Denver
29 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Enjoy the fresh Colorado air and admire the views of the Rocky Mountains as you fly through trees and over meadows on a zipli...
USD 104.99Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 Hrs
Join us for a three-hour walking food and history tour through downtown Denver. You'll visit 6 restaurants for deliciou...
USD 65Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 8 Hrs
Our 8 Hour Peak to Peak / Estes Park Sidecar Motorcycle Tour includes absolutely the "Best of the Best." It consist...
USD 699Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 4 Hrs
Our 4 Hour North Mountain Exploration Sidecar Motorcycle Tour is all about the beautiful scenery of the Front Range. The rout...
USD 349Book Now
- Cities Near Denver
- Pritchett Tourism
- Orchard Mesa Tourism
- Blanca Tourism
- Bond Tourism
- La Jara Tourism
- Molina Tourism
- Livermore Tourism
- Melbeta Tourism
- Somerset Tourism
- Avondale Tourism
- Carpenter Tourism
- Idledale Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Flinders View Tourism
- South Bloomfield Tourism
- Millet Tourism
- Kalupara Tourism
- Maku Tourism
- Craigsville Tourism
- Hatfield Tourism
- Brierfield Tourism
- Nickel Centre Tourism
- Tel Mond Tourism