Visit Denver - Best of Denver
Welcome to the Mile High City! The City gets its nickname from the fact that you reach a mile higher when you climb above the 13th floor of the State Capitol Building – the true mark was planted by the Governor at that time, Bill Owens – after the final attempt made by students of Metropolitan State College of Denver.
Denver’s history might lie in mining and ranching but the town’s performing arts, museums, festivals and a thriving LGBT scene are some of the main reasons of ever increasing travel to the City! The city is growing so fast, its infrastructure is barely managing to keep up.
- REASONS TO VISIT DENVER: No, The new marijuana legislature isn’t the only reason to visit Colorado!
- THE ROCKIES: These majestic mountain soar over the city horizons and some of the city’s best hangouts are spots from where these beauties are visible in all their grand vistas. And don’t even think of missing out on the terrific Rocky Mountain National Park.
- BEER: Called the “Napa Valley of Beer”, any hour is beer o’clock in the city. Denver famously brews eighty different types of beer and naturally, this is one of its biggest tourist draws.
- MUSEUMS: A thriving art scene makes Denver a flame for impassioned moths of all kinds. The Denver Art Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Denver Museum of nature and Science are only a small sample of the incredible exhibitions within this city.
Grab a copy of Denver guide from the tourist office located at 1575 California Street and get out and about – that is the only and best way to explore the City and its magnificent attractions! Each one of you should visit Denver at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Denver.
Denver Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Denver tips for your visit
- Denver Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Electricity: US uses 110 Volts, 60 Hz alternating current as power. Plug sockets have ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type A) and grounded 3 pin connections (Type B)
- Languages: Majority of the people in United States speak English.
- Internet: 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in almost every hotel in the city. The city also has public Wi-Fi in some areas.
- Security: Police: 911, Ambulance: 911, Fire: 911
- Tipping: Tipping is voluntary in the city. However, if you wish to tip, the servers should be tipped 15%-20% of the bill; taxi drivers 15% of the bill and doormen, skycaps and porters $1 per bag.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Before your trip to Denver, and while you are here, drinking plenty of water is the number one way to help your body adjust easily to our higher altitude of Denver.
- Sun Valley (the projects on Federal and Colfax), Montbello (gang neighbourhood), Far north side Denver, East Colfax/N. Aurora (11th to 40th and Tamarac to Chambers), SW Denver (Westwood, Ruby Hill), Sheridan Blvd, Cole and Clayton (Gang problems and violent crime), are the unsafe areas and must be avoided post 9 PM.
- Do not litter. Littering is banned in Thailand and can often lead to a fine or even imprisonment.
Are you looking for a Denver travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Denver Tourist Information
Denver Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Denver
Save 6%Rocky Mountain Zipline Adventure 29 Reviews
Enjoy the fresh Colorado air and admire the views of the Rocky Mountains as you fly through trees and over meadows on a zipli...
Rocky Mountain National Park Summer New on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Cross the Continental Divide on this adventure through one of Americas most treasured National Parks. Visit the qua...Book Now
Summer Mountain Summit New on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Travel through rugged Clear Creek Canyon on your way up the highest paved road in North America into th...Book Now
3-Hour Sunset Hike from Denver
Duration: 3 Hrs
Perfect getaway departing from Denver Hike through the Foothills of the Rockies with this easy to moderate hike. Enjoy endi...Book Now
Popular Hotels in DenverView all Hotels in Denver
- Highlands Ranch Tourism
- Boulder Tourism
- Estes Park Tourism
- Colorado Springs Tourism
- Aspen Tourism
- Crested Butte Tourism
- Chugwater Tourism
- Silt Tourism
- Mcclave Tourism
- Fort Garland Tourism
- Alamosa Tourism
- Benkelman Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism
Facts and Stats for Denver*
Pollution Statistics in Denver
Know the pollution level of Denver before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 43.33 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 35.82 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 46.27 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 35.07 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 22.06 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 22.31 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 33.33 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 18.18 (Very Low)
Denver: Crime and Safety
How safe is Denver for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Denver.
Burglary and Theft 35.84 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 30.31 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 41.87 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 36.88 (Low)
Car Stealing 32.83 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 44.88 (Moderate)
Attacks 31.93 (Low)
Drug offense 56.93 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 77.47 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 47.29 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 36.45 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 26.83 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 48.77 (Moderate)
Living in Denver - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Denver is 169.75 (Very High)
Safety Index 59.05 (Moderate)
Climate Index 56.28 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 41.9 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 35.66 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 72.84 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 68.63 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 4.71 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 129.45 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Denver
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Denver
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 31.27 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 77.57 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 44.2 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.