Barr Lake State Park400 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 13401 Picadilly Road, Brighton, CO 80603, United States, Denver
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3036596005
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Wildlife Sanctuary , Park, Wildlife Park, View Point, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Nature, Bird Watching
Owned by an irrigation corporation – FRICO – and managed by the State, this State Park is a 9.2 mile long trail divided into two parts one, near the dam, where fishing is allowed and other is a designated wildlife sanctuary.
It is used mainly for canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, Birding, Boating, Hunting, Nature/Interpretive Trail, Snowshoeing, Wildlife Viewing and many more activities. A hike early in the morning or around sunset will ensure a stunning view of picturesque surroundings and a chance to do some bird watching as well.
- Office at the Park will remain closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Office will remain open from Wednesday to Saturday- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and on Sundays- 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Dogs are permitted in the park however they must be leashed at all times.
- Swimming is not permitted at Barr Lake.
- Fishing is permitted at Barr Lake but only in designated areas provided visitor holds a valid fishing license.
Barr Lake State Park Travel Tips
- Carry binoculars when visiting the Park. Visitors can also borrow them from the office.
- Respect the wildlife and stay on designated trails at all times.
- Fishing is allowed all night.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barr Lake State Park
- Daily Pass: 7 USD
- Annual Pass: 70 USD
- Group picnic area rental: 90 USD
Barr Lake State Park Hours
- Park Office Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm (everyday)
How to Reach Barr Lake State Park
- RTD Bus#120 would go to bus stops near Barr Lake State park.
- Prairie Centre Pkwy & 2100 South Prairie Centre Pkwy & 2300 South, Prairie Centre Pkwy & S 27th Ave.
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Taco Bell
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.6% of people who visit Denver include Barr Lake State Park in their plan
26.09% of people start their Barr Lake State Park visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Barr Lake State Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barr Lake State Park
Barr Lake State Park Reviews & Ratings
A nice little park to go boating, fishing, trail walking or biking or just lay down on the sand and relax! In the winter were able to see many birds including my favor Bald Eagles! Very nice sunsets as well. Enjoy!
What a beautiful park with easy access. The wildlife viewing and relaxing are amazing. When I travel to Denver, I typically stay near the airport and I have limited free time. Being relatively close makes this a must stop. I can't wait to go back and see more
This is the best state park I’ve ever been to! Lots going on here. I’ve been out several times but this time took the tour which was about 2hrs on a Sun. Lots of wild birds including eagles/fledglings, blue heron, and more. Beautiful wildflowers too. The driver was friendly and had lots of info on the area. Usually there is a naturalist along but unfortunately there wasn’t one available this time. I’ll be going again. All the rangers and volunteers have always been super friendly!
Love this park. From the nature center, to the water sports available and the amazing picturesque landscape, we come here often. We've gotten our family photos taken here 2 years in a row too.
Beautiful park. The bird population is amazing. A nice path around the lake with off shoot paths to docks and gazebos over the water for better viewing. I have never seen so many pelicans in one place! Highly recommend it a visit.